I am A okay

For the past months this is the reason why I was busy. Yes, friends I finally got an A (Apprentisage) ! In France, this is a letter sign which is given to a person who successfully passed a driver's licence. For three consecutive years a person needs to place this sign at the back of his car for people to know that he/she is a new driver ! (Or I should say to warn people!?) hehehe ....

Since I am into conduite accompagnée , (driving with company or student driver ). Of course, two weeks before taking the exam I did 4 hours of driving with my driving school L'ECF Ecole de Conduite Française. I cannot do more than 4 hours because no one would take care of my daughter. If only my baby sitter is available during weekdays I could have driven almost everyday but unfortunately this is not the case. He needs to go to school and we could ask him only on weekends. For a year or more I drove with my husband to get ready for that D-day. I tried to take the exam Last January 3, 2005 but I failed, maybe because I am not ready yet and not too prudent so I don't deserve to have a licence.

The day has come! Second try, it started Tuesday, February 13. I took 1 & 1/2 hour (10:30 to 12NN) of driving with my monitor to warm me up before my exam in the afternoon at 2:30. Instead of preparing lunch for us we have eaten out in the resturant to keep me calm and relax for the exam. We went to a restaurant not very far from where the exam will be held. Time is running fast....the clock ticks....and it's time to apply what I have learned. To do the best I could to get this licence...by hook or by crook.

We went directly to the lieu of exam 30 minutes advance. When I saw the school car from afar, I went out from the car and left my husband and daughter who wished me good luck. Saw a very young girl who just took the exam. Now it's my turn so I was the only student taking the exam with a monitor from my school as representative and an inspector beside me. The inspector is the one who decides and determines if I follow and respect the signs and priorities. He has my file with him to take notes if I am capable and deserving to have a licence. To tell you the truth, I was not at all nervous or stressed out because I am determined to get it no matter what it costs me. It's probably because I had warming up therefore I am still hot and in good rhythm. I drove and followed the inspector's instructions if I will turn right, turn left, go straight, make important control before taking a decision and to stop if necessary. He asked me to park the car, he asked me 3 questions regarding the internal functionalities of the car. In short, I drove, maneuver the car and answered 3 of his questions (2 out of 3) that exam lasted for about 35 minutes.

Exam is over ! I didn't know if I did it or not. Inspector told me Merci Madame vous pouvez partir (Thank you Ma'am, you may leave). They told me to wait for the result after 2 days. Two days have passed and I still haven't received a letter from them which is supposed to be mailed. And Makis telling me to call the school just to find out and to released me from torturing myself of thinking. Kala who is sending me YM to boost my moral, thank you very much for the support guys it means a lot to me. My other friends who are always there and who believe in me Ate Zeny, Sarah, Gelaih, Jhona thank you too and most specially to my husband for all the support. My kids who give me the courage and determination everyday. Special thanks to Analyse for the encouraging words you sent. Thank you Lord for not letting me down ! Most especially to my family back home who offered an endless prayers. Hours of lesson is over, the ceaseless yelling of hubby's finally on it's end line, stressing out is finished. Welcome to the new adventure.


the proof


Note : New drivers avail 6 points in their licence for 3 years. Within the span of 3 years I need to be very careful and avoid infractions otherwise I will loose points according to the degree of violation. Generally experienced drivers have 12 points. After 3 years of keeping my 6 points without infraction I will accumulate another 6 points in my drivers licence.



This A is for you and for my independence !


P.S.

For those who are struggling to pass their licence goodluck and I wish you all the best.

Comments

Makis said…
Congratulations again, Haze! Pano, lakwatsa galore na tayo with the kids :D
kala said…
Hay naku, siyempre you got your license kung kailan wala na ako sa Aix, hmp! Heheheh. Congratulations!!! Lakwatsa na! LOL
Anonymous said…
Makis : Thank you for being there Makis! OO ba basta di ka lang matatakot sumakay na ako driver hehehe! Sige dalawin ka namin soon !

Kala : Thanks to you too Kala! Am sure next time it'll be your turn. OO nga eh , di bale see you in Qatar ;) !
Yen Prieto said…
wow congrats syo sis... ang hirap pla kumuha jan ng licence.. at for 3 yrs tlga kelangn ilagay yang "A" na yan????
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Haze. You are now a certified driver. Belated happy hearts day!
Anonymous said…
ne faut pas que the diving licence become the licence to kill !!!!
Anonymous said…
congrats! naku ganyan pala dyan, you have to put that sa car mo pa for 3 years. lolz. take care!
Anonymous said…
Yen : Thanks Yen ! Oo super lalo ngayon kasi 35 mins. na tapos may oral questions pa! Obligatory talaga na 3 yrs :) !

Agring : Thanks a lot Agring! I've been wanted to have this licence finally I made it, it was not very easy but at least I've worked hard to get it ! Belated Happy VDay too !

Anonymous : Ne vous enquetez pas! Je serai prudente sur la route ! J'applique tous ce que j'ai appris à l'auto école! Merci d'avoir donné votre avis!

Thiz : Thank Thinz! Oo kailangan talaga! That's the general rule. You take care too!
Raquel said…
Hi Haze, congratulations, wowowow at sa wakas may driver's lic. ka na. I'm sure haping happy ka ngayon. Enjoy the freedom of liberty Haze. You can go anywhere na, it's a big help for hubby too para di ka na nya ihatid kung san mo gustong pumunta. You can go out too and the kids without hubby.

Good luck and drive safely.
Francesca said…
yeheeeey! wo wo wo wooooohhh!

I am happy for you haze, at last!

good valentine treat from the inspector, haha, kasi you did well and its hearts month, it adds to it!
you deserve a treat, haha.

Teka na sa april 21 nad 22 kami ni Lolo, margie and anjo.
We are staying at Lousiana Hotel, near the marigana airport.
how about dinner with us in hotel lousiana,with makis family too, sagot na ni Lolo, with your family, of course, hehe.

Malapit ba kayo sa marignan airport?

In case you are free and makis,
eyeball tayo.
If not, as you are soo excited, I would understand...
bisous ! and more blessings...
Anonymous said…
uy ang galing galing, CONGRATS sistah! tara nang mag drive, tara!!!
Anonymous said…
Raquel : Many thanks Raquel ! Yes I am very happy and released most especially co'z it's another step in my life that I can be proud of! I have struggled to have it this time kasi ang hirap talaga, higpit nila which I understand!

Francesca : Salamat ! I'll see, we will probably go north but I will doublecheck my calendar na rin. Will ask Makis if she is available too on that dates :) ! BTW, we are 30 minutes from the airport !

Nao : Thank you Sis ;) ! Nagbunga rin pinaghirapan ko ng matagal! Tara ng magbyahe! Wanna ride my car, hehehe kaso lumang luma yon ha :) !
Analyse said…
wooohoooo! so kelan ang drive to dijon hehe.. im really happy for you haze.. and you have all the right to be proud of that pink paper, ang hîrap kayang kunin nyan. im really glad that i didnt have to take that ordeal, baka di kayanin ng powers ko hehe.

congratulations again, mwaaah!
Anonymous said…
If only getting a drivers license here in the Philippines is as hard as that what you experience there in your new country, I supposed only those responsible and deserving would-be drivers can get one. Thanx for sharing your experience...
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on getting your driver's license, haze!
Anonymous said…
that's tough, but congratulations. me, all i have is a student driver's license, i am too lazy to take lessons. dependent with driver, and if he is away, hu hu hu, taxis, which are very hard to find nowadays.
Anonymous said…
Analyse : Naku siguro I need half a year before I can go driving as far as Dijon hehehe! I'll be receiving my real licence (pink paper) after 2 months pa! I can't wait to have it co'z I've worked hard for it. Thank you very much Analyse, naku kaya ng powers mo yan, especially you are already a driver back home like Makis! First take lahat ;) ! Bisous, mmmwaaahhhhh!

Mr. Dodong Flores : Thank you for passing by Mr. Photographer! Getting a licence in the Philippines is as easy as buying nuts. I just hope it will change then people will be more deserving to have it and will act more responsible on the road! Hindi bara-bara!

Niceheart : Thank you very Much Niceheart !

Sexy Mom : It was really tough! I even cried when I was driving because of pressure co'z I thought I will not make it. It's hard to drive where I live because the street are narrow at the same time it can be a 2 way road pa tapos uphill and downhill pa! And to have the licence costs me a fortune. Somehow, I managed to bring out the best in me and it turned out pretty well! I am sure that you can drive it's just a matter of guts and determination :) ! Good luck to you whenever you really want to have your driver's license!
Anonymous said…
WoW!!! parang Gold bar ang DL dyan!!! You deserve an "A" for all the hard works and efforts you went through. Regards to your family!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Haze! Ang galing-galing. :) Ayan, may magd-drive na for me if I go to France. ;)
Anonymous said…
Jo-Anne : Is this Jo-anne Dela Torre? You said it right, very expensive pa so I guess it's time for me to have it. Ayoko na magbayad :). Thank you and have a nice day to you and all the family!

Toe : Thank you Toe! Of course I would be glad if you could give us a visit :) libot kita dito! mmwwaahhh!
Francesca said…
OK haze,30mins lang pala kayo sa airport, ano kaya kami na lang dalaw sa yo, hirap bit bit your anakis eh, sa inyo tayo meet with makis, kahit tea oks na kami. Dala na lang kami biscuit, hehehe.

Sana Andyan kayo on those dates...

Siya, excited pa rin ako sa french dl mo. Kaka saya ng puso na you passed it, its a dream come true!
Kaya mo mag 12 points agad, ikaw pa!
Angelo said…
Félicitation Haze! Ingat driving :D
haze said…
Francesca : Sige try ko kung nandito kami ng mga araw na yan. I'll keep you posted !

Angelo : Merçi beaucoup Angelo! I will be very careful will have all eyes open on the road ;) !