The BUZZ

This an inkling on daily life and social encounter as a mother or a half stranger in France. I know this or I may sound a raging lunatic, irritated, pissed off whatever you call it. But it’s been 4 years my son is going to the same school and nothing has changed. What I mean by change? I always see this group of mothers who assemble together every morning....talking non-stop! I know, it’s not my business and I should mind my own. But my concern and probably partially my business is that why not do their early rumouring session and park their cars somewhere else? This is to give way to other parents who are in a haste not to be late at work after bringing their kids to school. Since narrow streets in Marseille are common these mothers make parking more complex. Parents are often oblige to park their cars further away and walk their kids until school premises. If only this crowd will disappear parking just in front of the school will help parents to avoid cramming and wasting time turning around just to look for a parking lot. Many parents let their children get off the car right in front of the gate and let them get inside the school to gain time.

Not only that, more often they stare at you from head to toe and I find this very complex situation with a lot of tension in each other as we exchange glances. Stare that’s isn’t normal. I don’t know if it’s intimidation as they cast envious glances. It could be normal for them but they are not for me. I don’t know why but it’s very an uncomfortable feeling. I’m not being paranoid but I have the notion they’re talking about me or someone else. Here are some reality about human beings which may surprise you. Staring at those who are different is an ordinary response for many of us. If someone is extremely tall we stare at them. If someone is wearing a plunging neckline or provocative clothes we stare at them. If someone has a handicap we can’t help looking at them. We human beings are snooping individuals. We gaze at stuffs which intrigue us. And only the curious minds have something to discover. If the object of our interest is another individual indeed they are different to us. And because I am Asian, I am certain that I am one of the bits and pieces of their interest. I remember a Mom (African Black) who sends her 3 children to the same school. At first, we just say Bonjour to each other. Since we come across everyday we became sort of friends. She confided to me, that she’s not happy about how these people look at her just because she has a handicap child. And this and that, I won’t go into the details as it’s exasperating evil.

Oh Man, do I sound I extremely dislike them? Yes, I don’t like them when they block the way to the entrance just to check out the latest gossip. I hate them when they stay around the area while others are having a hard time to look for a parking space. I hate them when they stare at people and envision yourself in a surroundings where there is a continuous sound of vibration— bbbzzzz! It’s pissing me off :ayokona: ! Manners such those can be avoided and is considered boorish and infuriating. Do they really have a life ? The gate is already close and still session is not close. They seem to have nothing better.

Comments

raqgold said…
hahahaha, same things goes around here din sa kindergarten at sa school ng both girls ko.

some moms would even smoke and wld leave their cigarette butts on the same area. what we did? we elected most of them sa parent's council. ayun, sociable and friendly na sila and nawala ang tambayan at chismisan time coz naging busy sila.
Makis said…
Hay naku, like we just talked about the other day. I think they just really have nothing else better to do. Even so, sometimes it's really just irritating. And I don't have kids yet, just living beside the school! LOL!
Anonymous said…
Hi Haze,
That's really infuriating! Pero the looking at you from head to toe would really send me over the edge:)
haze said…
Kainis di ba RAQGOLD ! Well, we also have the parents' and students association but the problem is sila sila lang !

I guess, we always see stupid people anywhere anyway MAKIS! I can imagine how difficult to live near a school because they have the tendency to block the way (communal)!

Hi JOANNE it is indeed! Hahaha before it was a big deal for me. I think I am getting used at those from head to toe stare :D ! Bahala sila.
Anonymous said…
Ang puso! Ang puso. Relax ka lang. People can be ignorant sometimes, we know better which gives us freedom to be kind. Being kind is harder than retaliation, diba?

Mahalia
http://chocolateword.net
mitsuru said…
Ala eh, sa susunod ilabas mo ang bente-nuwebe at sabay tingin sa kanila, ano laban kayo? he-he.

just keep your cool, Haze. :)
Angelo said…
Salut Haze! Reminds me of high school, you know how there's always a group of mean girls, who think they're all that and popluar.... but in the end they turn out to be losers in the real world when they grow up. It's like those bitches haven't grown out of their high school-ness. Just ignore those inconsiderate, low-life, busy-body, bitches.... they'll get their karma! Their husbands are probably not satisfying them and they need to take out their frustrations hahahaha.... losers!

You're a smart, beautiful, Filipino woman Haze, wear it like a badge and don't let their losery stares and shenanigans get the better of you. It's better not to let the stupidity and inconsiderateness of others affect you... stay zen....
Francesca said…
i agree with you, we are surrounded by imbiciles.

Next time Haze, come early and do the same.

its not a solution realy, but it may make you feel better.
Hah! sila lang ba!
Wil said…
I try not to stare at a plunging neckline for fear of being slapped. I look into the eyes only. hehe.

If they are blocking the entrance, perhaps you can ask the school to put a sign that says "No Loitering" ... in French, of course. ;-)
haze said…
Hahahaha Sariyahing-Sariayhin ang dating mo talaga MAHALIA ! Grabe, I miss that word "Ang Puso mo" ! It's really hard to be kind especially to those people who are self-centered.

Lol, I can finally imitate Maricel Soriano with the 29 balisong MITSURU . I am cool ;) !

What else ANGELO! These women are KSP. So we say in France, "C'est en faisant n'importe quoi, qu'on devient n'importe qui"! But if they can rework their "nonsenseness" into awesomeness that will be perfect. Thanks, Angelo, je reste Zen ;)! Btw, I'd like to wear that badge, sounds really cool!

That's what I do, I come early to avoid them FRANCESCA kaso talaga maaga chimisan nila :)). Daig daw ang maagap and masipag (sa chismis) !

Good Boy WIL! Looking into the eyes is better. To pass the message that you are interested in what the other person is saying. I wanted to do that but these women are the parents and students council officers, masama friends silang lahat !
Babette said…
It is so wrong to stare. :( Is racism rampant in FR? Inggit lang sila sa yo.
Keith said…
I remember my girlfriend called it chismes. I called her chismosa. I think gossip is toxic. I am grateful I limit the amout of my exposure.

Haze, I am going to the tropics again. This time I will be in Jakarta, whoich means I will be 1600 m9iles from the Phils.

I will get back to the Phils again, I hope soon
Sidney said…
My wife experienced the same when we lived in Belgium and she disliked how people looked at her.

My response to her... when I am in the Philippines people also look at me... and I enjoy the attention ;-)
haze said…
Hi BARBS! It says that staring is a sign of racism. Well, in my place it's a multi-cultural city so I guess (or I hope) it will not be a racist stare :D !

Lol you know what chismis is KEITH I agree it is a really poisonous attitude. Wow, bon voyage and have fun in Jakarta ;) !

I don't know what's with us Asians and I hope those looking big eyes are without bad intention. You case is different SIDNEY if people are looking at you they find you guapo therefore you have the reason to enjoy the attention!
Raquel said…
Hi Haze, I don't like gossip either but what you have said is hard to believe. If they look at you from head to toe, ibang usapan na yan.
haze said…
I really don't know why people are really into gossip RAQUEL, past time na siguro ! Oo nga kainis yang mga tingin nila :( ! Basta ako chin up pa rin lol!
sophia smith said…
Hi..Your blog is really interesting..Thanks a lot for sharing..keep it up..
Regards
http://www.raymeds.com