head scratcher

One night, during our family dinner I have announced to my kids that I found a job and  will be working part time. I will only be working every Mondays but with long hours from 9 in the morning until 10 in the evening. My employers need me during Mondays only. So I grabbed the opportunity right away since I still have my youngest with me. It's a good compromise as husband gets to change his day off from Wednesday to Monday. Working 13 hour straight will be definitely exhausting but I am happy to work and to finally re-gain experience. Besides, I will work one day a week and the rest of the week will be my rest day. Where can you find a job like that ?!! I still have ample time to look after the family. Eleven years of being a SAHM is great, really great !!!......but I miss working so I am using this as an opportunity to better MYSELF ! Re-enter the workforce can be daunting, exciting, overwhelming rolled into one. Sometimes, I fell unconfident that I wouldn't be able to cope up. But hey, my positivity has always been my number one tool to overcome everything. Keeping in mind that I’ve also developed skills in my time when I was working before I got married. 

To make the story short, the kids are worried not because I will work....so this was the picture during that famous dinner  :

Me : Okay kids, Maman will be working every Mondays so I will go home very late. Papa will be the one to take care of everything. 

Mayumi : Hhhmmm, I can already feel that we will eat pasta every Monday's dinner ! (finger tapping under her chin)

Sébastien : What are we going to eat when you're at work ? Papa doesn't know how to cook !

Papa : Don't worry kids what are Pizza, KFC, Quick and Mcdo deliveries are for ??? 

Kids : Yippe !!  That is so cool !!!

And so everyone laughed and giggled, husband told the kids they will also eat Goubi-boulga ! Of course, they will not opt for take away foods. I will need to be more organize and prepare lunch and dinner before I go to work, obviously !

Comments

malor said…
I am excited for you Haze. It will be a change. You are lucky to just work 1 day per wk even if it is a long day. You are lucky to have that time with your family...God bless...
Heather said…
Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Heather
haze said…
Thank you Malor, this is indeed a big challenge for me to manage family and my part time job ! Lucky indeed to work one day in a week co'z I still have the rest of the week to take care everything at home. Gob bless you more !

Heather thank you for taking time to visit my blog !
kala said…
A once-a-week job is wonderful! I know it's tiring, but at least you have 6 other days to recuperate (well, not really, since you still have a jampacked schedule during the rest of the week hehe)