grow old with me

Almost all of us is familiar to this saying that "life begins at forty" but does it ? Aging is indeed a part of human life but growing old is an option as life starts at any age. It really depends on the age....it's just a matter of numbers. Age doesn't represent maturity, it relies on how your mind works, how you see things. Personally, I don't consider growing old as becoming a grumpy old lady or being miserable because of wrinkles with tons of white hair or having a "poignées d'amour" (love handles) . Well, sometimes it's depressing to know & couldn't get out  the idea that I wouldn't be able to wear a two piece bikini at the beach anymore hahahaha. I know I am so narrow. But hey, why do I have to battle against the inevitable? I want to grow old gracefully....having to play like a child, stay up late night partying sometimes between girlfriends, buying the stuffs I like and one of them is Hello Kitty. Yes, I am proud to say that I have a Hello Kitty coin purse in my bag and to be honest my daughter wanted it but I didn't let her use it. That is the child in me ! The thought of holding hands with my husband, gazing at the sunset and staying up together like teenagers always thrills me.I am bromidic but that's me.



Take me seriously, there are a lot of things we develop and learn as we grow old. I consider growing old a wonderful gift and  PATIENCE is one of them. It is not something we are born with and I guess my patience have developed over the time. To inhale and exhale is one of my secrets, I tell you it really works. WISDOM, I remember in my early age my Mom used to tell me to grow up. I was very childish and ego centered amongst her kids and I knew that but I didn't regret because it helped me to become a better ME. At around 25 years old (maybe) I started to take things in hand besides it's never too late to change and to start over.

Oh well, I turned 40 this year! Remember, it's just a number despite of all the body pains and to have a bun in the oven. My compensation, I love when people ask me how old I am because when I tell them my age the reply I get is positive. They will most likely say that I am around 30 to 35, not kidding, it's quite a compliment ! Growing old does not suck, it's all about attitude.

Photo courtesy of Makis, thanks !

Comments

Makis said…
It's an effort not to feel old, especially when your body says so :) But I totally agree that it's wonderful to look younger than your age! We'll look 50 at 70! Sana...

I just took the photo with your camera!
Makis said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
malor said…
happy birthday... at least you had the chance to wear a bikini. i never had. life is indeed wonderful. 40 is the new 30. cheers! by the way i just read your comment on my blog post regarding marriage. the wisdom that you shared can only comes from maturity. thank you..