paint the town white

Snow is very rare in the South of France. Husband told me his first snow experience was on February 1987. And in my 11 years in Marseille, mine was January 2008 wherein the city got paralyzed because locals are not used to it. That year was really a heavy snow as hubby went to the office which is one and one half hour drive and this blanket of frigid powder has started to enveloped the city. He passed thru the tunnel and get trapped for 6 hours, while me and the kids went out to make a snowman and enjoying the powdery stuff. Some teenagers went to the hills to try snowboarding, it was just fantastic! Although snow is beautiful but it could be catastrophic at some point especially when you need to go to work, school or do errands and cannot go back home because you are stuck somewhere, that really sucks !

It's been two consecutive nights snowing in the South of France. Here we go again a very rare vision of my city under a big white blanket. Snow is like magic and as I watched my Chiara gaze at a dusting snowy white makes her definitely excited. As you could see the snow is not particularly thick as it started to gradually disappear especially today with the sun helping us out to clear the way. Good thing, I wouldn't get to shovel them off the ground. I hope it will stop snowing because tomorrow is Monday so almost everybody needs to go out working, schooling, errands and because I don't know how drive in the snow...the fear !


macro shot of laurel plant


My laurel tree

My garden

the football field just behind the house


the other side of the football field view from my bathroom


entrance gate

My frozen Yuka plant




Comments

kala said…
Oo nga, how do you drive when it snows? Do you need something for the tires, the snow thingys, or pang thick snow lang talaga? The problem is that in the South of France hindi sila sanay sa snow, so naloloka lahat ng tao. Take care driving tomorrow!
raqgold said…
naku haze, dito sa amin super lamig pero walang snow, waaa! mild weather din dito but usually kapag minus degrees na kulay puti na rin, kaso this year wala talaga. as in...at pareho tayo, afraid din ako mag drive kapag snow lalo pa dahil bundok itong bahay namin. matarik at maliit ang daan, nyayy.
Wil said…
C'est interessant. Je ne savais pas qu'il neige rarement la. Ici, il ne neige jamais. hehe
Keith said…
comment allez-vous, Haze? I trust Google to get a greeting correct. :-) Here, in San Jose, I know of two incidences where snowflakes had found their way to the valley floor during my short time on this planet. I can find snow during the winter if I have a good car. We do not get snow down here, though.
malor said…
hi haze, we have a rare mild winter sa iowa. snow is constant here in winter but this winter we hardly have snow on the ground. i work in home health so rain-shine-snow, i see my patient, except blizzard. i got use to it. i came here april 1997. my 1st snow was october 1997. i learned fast. i fell in the ditch couple of times. people are nice and they help out. right now, i am tired of the winter but i have no right to complain at all... we have it good this year....