My Koh-Lanta experience

My first thoughts concerning the labour included an epidural no doubt ! Five days before the supposed expected delivery, after a long push with extreme pain and no anesthesia I finally gave birth to a healthy baby girl on April 12. I couldn’t believe myself that I can go all natural with the birth as I had epidural for my two previous pregnancies. Scared that I might not be able to deal with the pain but I did or because I didn’t have a choice. It was too late to get an epidural as the baby was ready to come out. One thing for sure I pushed myself to the maximum limit. I ended up crying and screaming that signifies a “point-of-no-return” ! Good thing, my husband gave me the strength and supported me from A to Z. The medical group were extremely efficient in dealing during the delivery. Though, husband had an inkling that it was a forced labour when they saw it was a big baby of 4.640 kilos and measures 51 cm. It has been said that whether a woman carrying a big baby should undergo cesarean depends largely on the caregiver's or OB's management, not my pelvis. Plus, the theory goes that for all babies suspected to be big should get a cesarean to avoid shoulder dystocia. I appreciate their honesty of telling me they had difficulties of her getting out because the shoulder and arms are large. Nothing serious, she only had several red marks on her arms.

Fortunately, everything went well and didn’t have any complications. Two things that troubled me were my basin and coccyx, it suffered too much which started during my 7th month pregnancy until my delivery since the baby is big. I underwent therapy and thanks to Osteopathy, I can walk normally. Here's the picture of my little sumo, more of her soon together with her Kuya & Ate biggrin !

Comments

Keith said…
Haze, it sounds like a very empowering experience. I love the baby picture. Congratulatins on this addition to your home.
malor said…
congratulations to your new addition. she is sooo cute. shedoesn't look like she is a new born. her skin is ver smooth -- not wrinkly like a newborn possibly bec. of her size.

i am in awe of women who are able to do natural birth. i gave in to a c-section.
Angelo said…
Salut Haze! Congrats on the newest addition to the family! She's a cutie. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to deliver a big baby with no anesthesia! Good job, kudos to you... I hope everything is going great with you and the new baby. Take care!

Great to "see" you around again after so long :)
haze said…
Hi Keith, it was ! Thanks again for always checking up on me :)! Hope things are okay on your side.

Thanks Malor! You've said so, the skin is all stretched out already as she's too big :) ! Oh no, for anesthesia I opted for it but I didn't really have a choice, too late!


Salut DOc Angelo! Coming from a doctor I am proud I was able to deliver such big creature hahaha! Nakaya ng powers ko. Everything is perfect, she's adorable, she lets me sleep during the night and I can do chores during the day. The only wish I would like is that she continues on that path :)!

I'm happy to see you again, yes after a long hiatus ! Take care.