Mimmmmmiiiii !!!

Scene 1 : Stick it on!

One morning, I went to lie down beside my daughter’s bed while she was still sleeping. I’ve waited for her to wake up so I can have my morning hug. After awhile, she woke up and I’ve had my dose of hug. Suddenly, she pointed up to her bed and told me “Regarde Maman” with a smile on her face and yet sleepy. I looked up and saw 5 stickers pasted on the headboard !!! I was fuming mad as those are not stickers!!! Mimmmmiiiiiii (with a high pitch tone)! How many times did I tell you that these are not stickers! These are stamps! You know perfectly well what are these as I have already explained to both of you. I took them off immediately and fortunately they were slightly stick on to the headboard. So there was no punishment. I just explained her again not to touch or get anything from the drawers. Well, I have understood as the stamps are designed depicting Walt Disney design. Blame it on the Post office!



Scene 2 : Cut it off!

At that same day later that afternoon, I saw my daughter trying to play something in our sofa. I got curious as she was really concentrated on something. I was in the dining table and ask her what was she doing. I went to see what it was….she was playing with our sofa back rest cover in which there is a fissure in it. And I was surprised because it was the only cover which has a bullet hole. Therefore, I asked both of them what happened. Sébastien looked at me and said “C’était la faute de Mimi” (It was Mimi’s fault). I looked Mimi and asked her how did it happen? Mayumi was avoiding me when I tried to look at her with my big eyes. My first thought was Mayumi, again? So I asked Sébastien, telling me that Mayumi cut it off with the scissors (the scissors I bought for them). Mimmmmiiiiii (the same banana)! I asked her why did she do that ? And so what will I expect from a 4 year old kid ??  Her excuses “Parce que j’en ai envie. Et puis je cru c’est un papier ! “ (It’s because I just want it. And then, I thought it was a paper). Nonsense !! Again, I need to repeat all over again especially to her that whenever they need to cut something they need to ask my permission. Telling them that it’s not prohibited because it’s part of learning but I need to be advised. I asked her to go to her room and stay there not until I asked her to come out. That was her punishment ! tsk tsk tsk !

Kids do the darndest things as we always say !

Comments

Angelo said…
hahaha kids do do the darndest things.... I have to say though that it's the France Postal Service's fault for putting cartoons on the stamps! How's a kid to know hehe... I'm sure the incidents made you mad at the time, but before you know it, it'll be one of those things you'll be laughing about when she's older.
Anonymous said…
I read somewhere that being a parent means wanting to strangle and hug your child at the same time:) I often feel like that on a daily basis!

When Thomas wakes up he and I also have the same ritual: morning hugs and kisses.
How lovably funny Mimi is :-)
kala said…
LOOOL, that is soooo cute! :)
Makis said…
Si Mimi talaga!
Chibog in Chief said…
mana sa nanay!! hehehe mimi is really adorable !!
haze said…
Though I was a little bit mad I've almost laugh at what she did Doc Angelo! Well, at a certain point it was not her fault, cute nga kasi ng stamps lol !

I cannot agree more Joanne ! It was cute and naughty attitude rolled into one.

Ate Lou, Kala, Makis, Dhanggit winner sa kakulitan !!!
Anonymous said…
When children are quiet, you can expect them brewing something. I have been able to keep the boys from cutting whatever they liked but they seem to think that the walls and the floors are their canvases!