Exclusively for singles



I didn't know about this tradition until I read it from Le Monde. The street festival which is the Feast of San Roque dates back from 18th century, when the citizens of Valenzuela initially gave gratitude to their patron saint, San Roque. Women from different barangays (neighbourhoods) of the city come simultaneously to dance in a street procession which lasts day and night.

The legend says it that if a woman wishes to find a boyfriend or a husband she needs to join the street dance before her wish could be granted by San Roque. Thus, this Saint's Day serves to separate single women who are searching from those who are already taken. Apparently, much easier for men to select the woman of their dreams ! As anticipated then, the parade of dancing ladies is the source for grand animation and the ambiance is always joyful.

So singles out there men and women, foreigners and locals...visit Valenzuela Philippines and find your luck biggrin !

Comments

Makis said…
Grabe, I miss the fiestas back home!
Francesca said…
punta daw agad si Michel!

lol
Anonymous said…
naku maibalita yan kay Bluep!

Mahalia
Angelo said…
hehe those ladies don't look very happy... maybe they're just really shy.

I've got a couple of friends that should probably go there.... heck, I should probably go there and force girls to dance with me too hehe!
Anonymous said…
hi haze.
nandito na ako sa marseille.Kaloka ang roads dito! super tiny hahah! even with my rented opel corsa similar to a golf cart. he he he!!!!!I hope i survive the driving here dito sa marseille.I am keeping my fingers crossed i will not total the caras i have done in my previous rentals in europe .The weather here is much more pleasant than San Francisco.WE had a heat wave yesterday when when i left.
Anonymous said…
Oh this would be so much more fun than being on match.com or any of those online dating sites:)

I think I'd go just to watch!
Hahaha!I didn't know about this. Had I known about this long time ago, maybe I didn't wait that long too to find my wife.
Ironically, my wife was also living in Valenzuela when we were engaged :)
haze said…
Makis, ako rin, sarap umuwi ano!

Francesca, punta sya at bakit?

Mahalia, naku si BPJ kahit di pumunta dyan makakahanap naman siguro :D !

Doc Angelo, they're quite timid and feeling muck awkward. Well, I'm sure even if you don't do this you'll have your dream girl...just open you eyes she's probably just right there waiting for your attention :D !

Joanne, i cannot agree more. We can go together and watch!

Dodong Flores, I realise that we have lots of cultures that we're not really aware of. Just imagine we have 7,107 islands and I guess,we still have so much to discovered yet !

At least you've found your perfect woman that saved you from dancing at this festival :D ! No more dancing and convincing in front of so many people lol.
haze said…
HiMel, welcome to Marseille! I hope you got my email so then we could meet up. Oo grabe, hirap nga mag drive pero I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. Especially now weather is taking his revenge, super init na talaga ! Call me then ;) !
Wil said…
Those women don't look too happy dancing with all those guys. ;-)

i was set up with a woman from Valenzuela once. It wasn't meant to be. The story of my life. LOL
Champurao said…
I'm Filipino and I didn't even know about this tradition.
Thanks for sharing this.