The Trip : Part 4 Ending of Marinduque Travel

After that little misadventure we went back to the Monastery safe and released ! We thought that a good shower will do to make us feel better. Afterwards, Manang called us telling that my Auntie is waiting for us in the parlour. It was an unforgettable encounter as it was the first time I have introduced my husband and kids after 15 years or more. Certainly, it was time to catch up for the lost time. Well, I won’t go into details for the catching up moments otherwise this post will take eternity. I’ll ask you to let your imagination run free this time. But I will tell you one thing, before when I was still an adolescent I remember visiting my Auntie in Monastery of St. Claire in Sariaya with the whole family and relatives during big occasions. It was completely different as we can only hear her speak and see her hand while talking behind a curtain. This time, their vision has changed…I was surprised…was happy to see her face at long last without barriers that separate us. After spending long hour’s chit chatting it’s time for her to return to their prayer session. As for us, it was dinner-to-bedtime.

Next day, there was a Sunday mass at 6 in the morning. Of course, I was the only one who was able to attend the mass. Though we have a Filipino priest in Marseille, attending mass in the Philippines is still something different. The ambiance is still what I am longing to feel again …..it is more solemn, peaceful and more young people!

After the mass, I have waited for my little family to wake up for morning breakfast. I can tell you the hospitality was definitely something we can be proud of. It’s truly a familiar quality of Filipinos that made us a stand out. Knowing that we are not the only people or country that could be warm and as friendly, but our approach is known to be extraordinary to foreigners. A true hospitality that comes naturally from the heart. How we maintain the image and will stay as the Archipelago of Smile.





This is a typical breakfast prepared but not as many as these during normal breakfast at home. After that superb and mouth watering breakfast we were received in the parlour by my Auntie including the rest of the sisters (mongha) or nuns with their superior. Auntie introduced them to us and the conversation went on smoothly. They were even teasing my kids. Like they want to hear them speak the French language and try to speak some Tagalog words like “Kumusta po?” Salamat po.” While interviewing my dear honey on how does he feel to be in the Philippines? Did he like the little ballade we did around Marinduque? Or how integrated I am in France? Etcetera. A beautiful and happy conversation with the nuns. It’s just so sad that we needed to leave before 12 noon to get ready for boarding back to Sariaya.


The parlour wherein they usually welcome their families and visitors.

That day was definitely unforgettable as we had the chance to go inside the parlour and embrace my auntie and the other sisters before leaving. Well, except for my husband who stayed outside the parlour and contented himself to thank them for their hospitality…obviously you know the reason. They have given us packed snacks and drinks for the travel. Some religious souvenirs which they themselves have made. Surely, the happiness remains imprinted as we embraced them to bid not goodbyes but see you next time. Even the rest of the nuns were happy to have been visited and connect to the world.



Off to Balanacan Port we have kept wonderful memories and will surely visit her again on our next vacation. This time going back to Sariaya will be different as we took a bigger ship. Although it took us 5 hours but then it was safer to cross the island.





Arriving Tayabas, there was my family impatiently waiting for us and the stories that goes along.

More on my next posts....Boracay, Palawan and Tagaytay trip.

Comments

Angelo said…
Salut Haze! I had a hankering for pan de sal all of a sudden. You know the fresh pandesal in the morning that's still warm and comes in a paper bag? mmmm....

Wow times have changed eh? Not only have they removed the curtain, but they let you into the cloister too.

Tayabas sounds so familiar to me. My lola used to talk about Tayabas all the time when I was a kid. My mom's family was from Alabat. Is that close to Tayabas?

Can't wait for Boracay, Palawan, and Tagaytay!

Salut!
Anonymous said…
Hi Haze,
What a great experience! I'm sure you and your aunt had so much catching up to do since 15 years had gone by. And it sounds like even though the mass was at 6 AM (very early), it was something you wouldn't have missed.

Btw, I could have eaten a whole tableful of your breakfast. Simple, yet so good:)
Francesca said…
haze, ang sarap ng almusal phil style, reminds me demain I go to asia store to buy those daeng, ggrrr, kakalaway...
Now I got to go to the kitchen, maybe there's some left overs of pusit na daing. haha.

I wonder if husband ate those daing?
haze said…
Oh yes Angelo!! I can also imagine that hot pandesal every morning. I'm not very fond of bread but if you talk about hot pandesal I can eat 5 of them with a hot sunny side up eggs ;)!

Was really surprised about it that I can see her face to face, isn't that wonderful?! And the good thing about it we can also really feel her warm embrace. Maybe, in your early years you've been to Tayabas?? I don't know Alabat really, but it's the 4TH district in Quezon Province, not really far though. Between Quezon and Laguna, I think. The island is situated just off the East coast of Southern Luzon. Between Lopez Bay in the East and Calauag Bay in the West.

Hey there Joanne, the catching up from old souvenirs to present was just great. It's just so sad we only have limited time to spend in Marinduque but at least I was able to see her. It was an early mass but I really liked it, must admit I miss those early masses :D !

Lol, I've eaten a loooottt ! The daing was so yummy that I wasn't able to control myself ;) ! Screw the diet !!! Indeed simple and irressistable.

I've been craving this kind of breakfast everyday Francesca! Sarap di ba? Wow, meron daing dyan sa Nice!!! I'm drooling! Once hubby tasted it and it was alright :D! Kaso he's a meat lover :D !
Wil said…
I also have an aunt who's a nun. Travels all over the place even at her age. She's around 70. Her uniform is blue though.
escape said…
it looks like im late here. you're already ending your marinduque series when i just started mine.

i greatly agree on the hospitality of marinduquenos.

i found your blog thru dodong flores. looking forward to your boracay and palawan. awesome philippines.
haze said…
Wow at 70 yrs. old Wil ! I admire them because they're really sacrifice a lot for the humanity ! Not familiar with though, probably Immaculate heart of Mayr or Our Lady of Ignatius :D !

Thanks for dropping by DongHo! Well, you're not late at all. I've checked your site and I the one who'll explore farther about Marinduque :D!

Marinduqueños are definitely nice people, a lot of simplicity !

Thanks to Mr. Dodong Flores you've discovered mine and I hope this won't be your last visit! Yes awesome Philippines ;) ! Have a nice day and glad to discovered your helpful site !