Reality Check : SIMPLIFY

Life is not complex, we are complex ! I believe that life is not really difficult but it’s rather us who make things complicated. It’s either you choose between good or bad, straight or not. We have the tendency to presume things. Long enough and too ahead of the actual life condition. Most of us tell one thing, yet does another thing and most of the time contradictory of own decision.

I was 28 when I had to make the biggest decision in my life. I had to choose between my family, keep my job, my friends and everything that concerns me and the matters of the heart. I have chosen the call of my heart even if it means that I would live very far from family, being jobless, living abroad and not being able to speak the language. In short, was an impasse and no turning back. I admit, it was not an easy choice because I am not certain what will be my life in the other side of the world. And I am sure I am not the only one in this floating ship. But at least, I made a decision. I never doubt myself or the man I love. I guess, I strived for simplicity so as to overcome life’s hurdles. At present, I have a fine life because I confronted the fear and assumed my decision. I choose what I wanted for myself without asking too many questions. Stop the what ifs, the I should have done this phrases, otherwise the worst thing that will happen to me is to live unhappily. I have focused my entire self on what I want to do, what I want to become in my life and not on welcoming the fear of not doing something….sure it takes a lot of guts.

I guess, things are not really complicated especially in choosing what you want and what you need for in life. It could be complicated if you have doubts from the choices you make then it will apparently become a problem. At some point in time, I also learned a few exceptions that there are also things or situations beyond our control and we cannot just choose. The only thing we can do is wait for that chance to come. But if you have a clear choice without getting into difficult condition ….then jump and do not falter.

It is wiser to settle your satisfaction based on your life’s experiences. Only you, who knows what will ultimately make you satisfied. So then, next time you’re faced with a big decision in life, do not search further because you know exactly what you want. Provided that you never allow a decision cost you something special. Screw material things – those are secondary and it’s not you. If a decision costs you material things, jobs, positions or whatever, you’ll get over it. Nevertheless, if it costs you someone that you love or would like to have, get ready to make a cut out of big “L” and tape it to your forehead…. L for loser ! Waking up one day telling to yourself why are you so darn stupid to let that chance but you blew it. Or regretting that should have done but you did missed out on a great opportunity. That is surely pathetic !

I probably took the standard deviations in my life in a lost forest but I chose the one less complicated and that has made all the difference
wink.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know what you mean with choices in life are not complicated, even the biggest decisions and life changing ones are simple.

I was engaged to someone else when I broke it off to start dating Xavier. I thought, "What if it doesn't work out with Xav? Where will I be then? How upset are my parents going to be? Why am I throwing away four and a half years with Alex and the promise of a stable life with an unknown future?"

Despite the questions, I KNEW I needed to leave my ex. It was a gut feeling and like you said, there was no doubt in my heart and mind the choice I've made. Best decision ever!
Anonymous said…
LOL, by the way, on the "get ready to make a cut out of a big L..."

Nong younger days ko dapat may L sa forehead ko. Loser definitely because I fell for someone who was not good for me. I live my life with no regrets, even with mistakes, but that one "love" I wish I could toss away. Just pretend it didn't happen:)
haze said…
Tough times require that we make right choices so as to do the right thing for the common good Joanne. I also had difficulties before I engaged myself with Bernard. Too many questions left unanswered....but I just followed my instinct and prepare myself whatever circumstances come my way. Before that, I needed to attend a counseling at the CFO in Manila and they have showed us cases of Filipinas marrying a foreigner.... women who ended up as battered wives or worst as prostitutes.

Hahaha I've wore that famous "L" to my forehead for 2 long years ! I was definitely one because I was deaf and blind in-love to someone who was not good for me too. But I did not regret what I did and what is important now the present. Definitely, it was the biggest lesson I've learned from the past !
Makis said…
I really consider myself lucky to have so many good choices. A lot of people don't even have so much to choose from. And what I found most important is that our wants & decisions are relative to our age, experience & especially our current situation. That's why I admire people who already know what they want so early in life. They can easily make a decision & freely jump in the most important crossroads of life. Then I learned that sometimes you have to lose some to win some because an opportunity let go can present itself in a different part of your life. I think we all have winners & losers written on our foreheads :)
Angelo said…
Salut Haze! Recently I have been looking back and regretting a lot of the decisions I have made in my life. I really wish that I could turn the clock backwards and do everything differently. But that's never going to happen, so there's no point in regretting and wishing "what if" and "i should have" etc. You're right, it only makes you miserable. I just tell myself to look forward... I mean that's why our eyes are on the front of our heads right coz we're supposed to be looking ahead? I've reached another fork in my road, and your post has re-enforced my decision to follow my heart no matter how much more difficult, financially draining, and long that road may be. I'm only hoping that the faith that sustains me still sticks around as I traverse this road less traveled. I'm hoping that like you, I will one day be able to say that it "made all the difference" :)
yusop said…
I bet you have a very universal experience, in a way that it had become the predicament of mine, and most people I know so well, either to follow their hearts wishes and pursue their own dreams, or be dictated by some other's wishes. Some actually had gotten so disturb by this complication that until now, it still showed in their persons, like longtime traumas.

I agree with your views, to be captain of the heart, master of the soul. :-)
Sidney said…
I doubt a lot along the way...so yes I envy you... :-)
Francesca said…
I think, people sometimes put problems to themselves when there's no need to.
Or they dont know what is their left from their right.

Kaya nag kaka trouble, lalo na, they dont know how to handle things.

Simple eyes, simple desires.
it avoids running after the wind needlessly.
haze said…
Likewise Makis, and so I don't tend to over-complicate the whole situation. People who doesn't have choices in life I believe that the simpler you are, the less likely something's gonna break. And yes situation, age and experiences will definitely influence us to make a wise decision later in life. Our life is patterned by the choices we create and opportunities come and go afterall. I also learned along the way that making wise choices will be based according to our values, morals and principles. I think we should learn to lose before becoming a winner....that is the anatomy of wisdom ;)!

Almost everyone seem to have been there. Never forget that if it's not because of the past or the wrong decisions we made we will never learn. There's nothing wrong to regret things because you had the courage to do them rather than helplessly doing nothing! I'd like that about eyes looking forward ;) definitely right! Thank you Angelo if my post has helped you in a way...I am glad ! Ah, endless crossroads of life, we are all oblige to cross them it's just a matter of taking the right path and it's up to you to choose ;)! Just hang on there...you are wiser than you can imagine !

I took simple choices in life it's probably because my experiences were not complicated compared to others MT . And while growing up my father taught me how to face them no matter how hard our journey is in life...it's all about guts! And concentrate what I want in life not to let other people dictate my life. I think people who have gone through enormous trauma would be another stage. Surely it could be difficult but there's always an answer for that! Wow, am I really that ?? I am just trying hard to balance everything in my life ;)!

Why doubt Sidney? I don't have an exceptional life....I am just happy. The secret in fact, the plainer and simpler ;) !
haze said…
In fact, there will always be problems in life (small or big) Francesca it's just a matter of knowing the right decision. I don't think it's because they don't know how to handle it depends on one's thinking conceptions, attitude and behavior. Some easily handle things others are not. They can get easily stressed out, get angry or even panic ...that happens according to unforeseen circumstances!
Wil said…
Ah so that's the story behind your move to France. Glad to read it all worked out. =)
haze said…
Yep Wil a sort of recap love adventure lol! I cannot ask for more I just wish it will continue :D !
Analyse said…
i think it's not only simplicity and and making the right choices that make you the woman you are haze (because im sure, at one point or another, you already took a not-so-right choice). you take entire responsibility of all the actions and decisions you take and that make you even stronger, esp now that all decisions you take will not concern only you but the whole family. continue being who you are, im sure your kids will be very proud of you.

nice article ;)
haze said…
I took one very bad choice in my life which was indeed a big slap on my face. Exactly, Analyse I assumed whatever choices, decisions, actions etc. I do especially now....If I fail....I would fail the whole family and it will make me feel realy really bad. Thanks, I really to live each day and face whatever come my way :D !
Wil said…
If a decision costs you material things, jobs, positions or whatever, you’ll get over it. Nevertheless, if it costs you someone that you love or would like to have, get ready to make a cut out of big “L” and tape it to your forehead…

I like your quote there. :)