The Red Carpet Eyeball

This is a good way to start off my February post. I started blogging 2005 and since then I have already met some bloggers that I became good friends with. Others remain a virtual friends and I am glad that they became a part of my activities on a daily basis. Sometimes we receive comments from spam’s, anonymous or just from a simple lurkers. I am sure you will agree that we always have visitors that doesn’t comment but they always visit us and I would say even non-bloggers. I remember when I blog about the panorama of my beloved province and I received a comment under the name of Joanne who lives in California. Since then, she often visits my site and I am flattered even though I may not be a good writer. Thru my blog she also pays visit among other links I have. It was really a good start of a nice encounter. From then on, we started exchanging emails and chat from time to time whenever we can. Since we have some things in common, a French husband, the same province, same age but not the same height. You know, chatting with her seems I have found my long lost friend from high school. I then encouraged her to blog and good thing she was open about the idea. Now, you can check the late blogger in her. Thus, the next step after that online chatting we plan of meeting up when they visit France. Their European tour was supposed to be October last year but because of some changes they’ve push through last week of January this year. Finally, this year the moment of truth drew closer. The long-term EB program took place last Thursday. Joanne told me that they will roughly stay 24 hours at St. Raphael since her in-laws has a flat there. instead of going to a hotel room. I just hope I didn’t create inconveniences to them coming from Switzerland going all the way to the South of France just because of an EB. I wanted to invite them over my place but I didn’t want to bother them since traveling from US to Europe is pretty tiring.

A stroke of luck, I was planning to visit Makis at her place which is 200 kms (1 ½ hour drive) from Marseilles. I emailed Joanne if it’s okay if I tag Makis along with me and she was twice excited to meet up with us. A number of good reasons to get thrilled : meeting up with Joanne and Xavier and driving going to Makis’s place as it will be my first time to drive that far ALONE without the kids ! And so driving going to Makis’s went just fine although the road was long and driving alone sometimes sucks. It was also a bit scary because there were a lot of big trucks on the highway but it was not a hindrance at all it was rather become a personal challenge. But at least, the weather was on our side…it was just a lovely time all day. We called each other what time and where to meet them. Meeting halfway was uncomplicated since Makis is starting to get familiar in Cannes. We decided to meet with them in front of Palais des Festival. They’re coming from St. Raphael and the easiest place to meet up is in Cannes which is a very famous landmark.

At long last, here we are face to face! We embraced each other as if we knew each other for a very long time. I am glad that we have finally met altogether. We just went around the centre of Cannes to choose where do to the random chit chat and have lunch. Let me share of our “make love to the camera shots by Makis” ! I was really glad that Makis was there as she’s bubbly and funny enough to make us laugh out loud because of her spontaneous humour biggrin.





Who will believe that blogging and internet as a whole will make a lot of sense. I think if not for internet we will never meet wonderful people behind those blogs. What is good with internet we get a lot of eyeballs at social network and even create community buildings. Thanks to internet it’s certainly a way in realising to have a concrete human contact. The meeting was short and I know 5 hours is certainly not enough but we really had a grandiose time meeting each other.

P.S. And thanks a lot again to Joanne and Xavier for the wonderful lunch. We supposed to treat you guys but anyway we're looking forward to meet you again either in France or in the USA.

Comments

Makis said…
Thank you, Haze for tagging me along (actually, nagpilit ako :) I really enjoyed meeting great people. It really deserved a red carpet! Blogging is really amazing & I've put a face behind the blogs in my 3 & half years of blogging. I know my blog doesn't give clues on how "makulit" I can get but I was hoping to be demure on this EB. LOL!

Thanks for the great lunch, Joanne & Xavier!
Mommy in School said…
aww. It looked like it was fun. Sana nakasama ako, kaya lang hirap mag travel ng hagdan hagdan ang bata. I hope in the future. Para naman ma-meet ko ang fellow Sariayayahin and fellow blogger.

More power to you, your family and your very nice blog.

Mahalia
http://chocolateword.net
Sidney said…
Nice you were able to meet some of your visitors/fellow bloggers in the real world.
yusop said…
Half a world away and then you met, now that's very awesome. Internet is really good that way, connecting people and connecting lives, in a very beautiful way.
Francesca said…
the feeling is mutual.
pining said…
such a nice EB, good that you had a grand time :-)
ikaw, kelan ka sasadya sa UK? it's a good year to come here, the value of pounds is the same as euros na; it will be nice to see you...
Chibog in Chief said…
binasa ko three times pero di ko nakita ang red carpet ....hahahaha joke lang po!!
haze said…
Thanks for being a good company MAKIS, as always! Well, you're funny and talkative as ever and that's what I like in you!

It totally fun MAHALIA, I hope to meet you too soon. Wow, reunion of Quezonian how's that ?

Internet is good but human contact is irreplaceable SIDNEY!

I agree 101% MAJOR TOM!

Thanks FRANCESCA!

Was really nice PINING! I will not tell you more about my plans. I want you to be surprised :D ! SECRET!!!

Ikaw ha crazy ka talaga HILDA! Sayang you were not available that time, anyway there are more EB's pa naman ;) !
Raquel said…
It looks like all of you had a great time. I know the feelings when you meet your fellow bloggers, especially the close ones.
haze said…
It was totally fantastic RAQUEL! In fact, Joanne started blogging only last year. But since then, I kinda had a kind of natural affinity when I met her in thru blogging and chat!
Toe said…
Wow, I'm jealous! I love going out with girls. And through blogging or the Internet, you seem to know so much about each other diba because you share so much of yourselves.
raqgold said…
oh, natuloy na rin pala. next time let's do it naman, the more EBs the merrier :D
Analyse said…
wow! red carpet pa.. hi joanne! parang it's my first time to see her pix.. o di ba, naki-EB na din kahit dito lang haha.. hmmm, next time, tayo ulit EB haha.
Anonymous said…
Hi Haze,
If you had the time, Xav and I would have treated you and Makis to dinner too! It was so great to meet both of you.

Makis is right, her "makulit" side is hard to see if you just read her blog but she is definitely one of those "life of the party" types:)

I'll be writing about my trip soon but feeling lazy lang ako ngayon:)
Makis said…
Oh no, Joanne! I already tried hard not to be that makulit :) And at actual parties, I actually like staying in one corner! I'm more the makulit one in small crowds. Nahiya tuloy ako *blushing* Hope we get to meet up again someday! Kung saan man yon ;-)
haze said…
Hi TOE I am glad of your visit :D ! Yes, the feeling I had was really unexplainable. And it's maybe because we have the same things in common that made us click. I hope to meet you one day as well !

OO nga RAQGOLD I would really like to meet you :D since I have a friend there I can also visit her at the same time di ba !

Sayan nga ANALYSE if you just live near Marseille it would be really nice you meet Joanne too. I remember our EB di ba it was also exciting ;) !

Aww, thanks JOANNE. I told you Makis spices up my life. I thought I am more madaldal than her pero hindi pala !!! Waiting for your Europe travel post.

MAKIS am really glad you were available at that time otherwise we didn't have the "make love to the camera" shot that day lol . It was indeed, absolutely, totally fun !!! Your being "Makulit" attitude just adds to your awesomeness ;).