The Choir

I've been wanting to write for some time to share this wonderful concert that took place May of 2007 in Marseilles (I know it's far too late) performed by the Manila Chamber Singers. They have had a European tour that year and Marseilles was one of their destinations. The concert was held at the Church where Filipinos and Spanish attend. I had the chance to meet with all these very talented young people from UP Diliman and here they are singing acapella:








Fantastic show isn't it !!! Many of us have attended and few French people as they were not advised earlier. It was absolutely one spectacular event for us Filipinos to see these young people who came all the way from the Philippines to Europe for a free concert. As a sign of gratitude, a lot of us bought their CD's they promote so as to compensate their expenses and some souvenir handmade by the choir. We also toured these young talents within Marseilles. And before they said goodbye a beautiful song was dedicated to us.








Hey guys hope you will come back to see us !

I just can't wait to see them perform once again biggrin ! Even if Marseilles doesn't have all these big Filipino artists in concert like Piolo doing a concert or Gary Valenciano, these young talented ones are worth watching ! Together, they have performed music that gave a tremendous joy to Filipinos abroad !


Comments

Anonymous said…
that's great, you're lucky to have the opportunity to see them :-)
thanks for sharing!

=Pining=
Chibog in Chief said…
May 2007??? parang late na late yata ang write up mo Mommy Haze heheheh, thanks for sharing this. I hope they will be back again and I hope I won't miss it. Hope they will let us sing too hehe
Wil said…
They sound great. Did you use your cellphone to record them?

Btw, why are they dressed in Ifugao or Igorot garb?
Analyse said…
these talents make me proud to be pinay ;)
Sidney said…
That is nice...and they are good looking too ;-)
Mommy in School said…
tanong lang haze, baka malabo lng mata ko, may shirt ba yung mga ladies? namamalikmata ba ako?

Mahalia
http://chocolateword.net
haze said…
I am really glad that I was able to see a wonderful concert PINING! Galing nila ;)!

I know this is late kaya nga sabi ko share lang eh. Pasensya na po Manang HILDA !

Indeed they're absolutely awesome WIL. I used my Canon Camera :D! It's just a costume to represent the native in us !

ANALYSE, I am too !

Beauty, talented and brains rolled into one SIDNEY!

Hahaha Naku they were wearing a stretchable tops with the skin tone colour MAHALIA!