The trip

I know it’s been a while that I have not updated my blog. It’s not that I disregard the existence of this blog, it’s just difficult to beat the jet lag. And still thinking where to start what we have left at home. The house is in a terrible muddle. Nevertheless, all are now in place and I have some time to write about our trip to the Philippines.

We supposed to leave April but since we have had a lot of renovation made the last time it is necessary to checked out on the budget. So we decided to pushed through theoretically December but it is out of question that we pay 5,000€ for the ticket eek. It was a way too expensive for us. Good thing, husband has a lot of benefits from work and fare ticket is one of them. The company has a list of agencies in which all employees are entitled to have a less 30% from the ticket valid every after 2 years travel anywhere. I would say, not bad after all. We have checked around 4 agencies and compared the ticket fare. We were able to get the less expensive for 3,700€ for 4 tickets, back and forth and we flew with KLM. Fortunately, it was with KLM because the individual televisions definitely helped us to get occupied while travelling. If in case you what to know, the kids managed to sleep even if they were tempted to watch all the cartoons series and films.

Who wants to wake up at 3 o’clock in the morning? No one, but we are talking about vacation here. Along with that, I don’t know if the kids like getting up in the middle of the night. You know those weekends when you want to stay at home in the couch drinking a hot cup of your favorite tea. However, when I woke them up they were so excited to leave. I have never seen them whining nor crying. Normally, when they know the need to wake up early they are very cooperative. Leaving France at 4AM is not really encouraging especially when it’s freaking cold outside. We left at exactly 4 in the morning and thanks to our friend Laurent who proposed us to accompany at the airport otherwise we didn’t have a choice to take the taxi. Lucky us, he’s really nice to offer us a ride.

From Marseille to Amsterdam the trip was okay. The kids managed to sleep a little bit. We had to wait 5 hours before the flight to the Philippines. Luckily, it was a direct flight and no stopovers. In that 5 hours at Schiphol Airport, we had breakfast, enjoyed our lunch and shopped at duty free to kill the time. Concocting a trip is never easy but we were able to plan ahead of time. We have made the complete itineraries and couldn’t help imagining and anticipating the trip. I could already feel a magic moment being home. I knew this was the great instant for some serious enchanting moment. But before my imagination went off rambling into that perfect trip, it was time to get on board razz.

Arriving Manila, the kids were fuelled up as they have been sleeping almost half the flight. At the NAIA, we only spent 20 minutes to claim the luggages, passed thru customs for verification and everything went okay. When we went out from NAIA I thought I was just dreaming when I saw Dad waiting for us outside. I took a few belly gasp and said wow, am I really HOME?? Then, I looked around and heard Tagalog speaking, people waving, OFW's with all their big boxes of Pasalubong for the family, smiling faces, the sun though we had a rain showers, good customer service. And because my son Sébastien asked me “Maman c’est ça les Philippines?“ (Maman, this is Philippines?) which I proudly answered “Oui” mon fils !” (Yes, my son) “Ah je sais! Parce que il fait chaud ici !”. (Ah I know! Because it's too hot in here!). Now I realized it was not a dream this is indeed real biggrin !


Surprises await you…..

Comments

Angelo said…
Salut Haze, I got excited hearing about your arrival, it brings back memories of stepping out of NAIA. I can't wait to hear about and see the pics from your vacation. I miss the Philippines, especially during winter :)
Anonymous said…
welcome back! I hope you feel better. and the kids too. God bless!

Mahalia
http://chocolateword.net
Anonymous said…
A good teaser post, Haze. Can't wait to read the rest:)
raqgold said…
hey, welcome back to europe. simulan mo na ang pang iinggit, hehehe. cant wait to see more pics.

and hey, those crinkles? let me check if they would be okay to send to france. if it would only take 4 days, that would be ok. sayang naman kung mabulok :D
haze said…
Coucou ANGELO! I love being at NAIA, that means I am home. Well, the weather here is cold, if only we can stay more kaso vacation is really over! I don't want the kids to miss school.

We're recovered MAHALIA, thanks ;)!

Hey JOANNE, hahaha well guessing game is on!

Oi thanks, RAQGOLD ikaw ang unang nang inggit sa Dive Solana mo hahaha. Haven't been there but I hope to see DS someday. Naku, dyahe naman papadala mo pa crinkles :D !
Sidney said…
That is a good deal... I pay 1.180 Euro for a ticket...from Brussels.

But it is still quite a journey to travel from Europe to the Philippines...one I don't really enjoy...

I am sure it was a wonderful moment to set foot again in the Philippines.
I hope you enjoyed every minute of your stay here...
vernaloo said…
Bonjour Haze!

Hay finally I was able to update my blogroll and edit your url. Anyway I sometimes bloghop and come across your comments na naje-jetlag ka and I figured that you went home. Ahhhh I'm so happy for you. It's been a while na rin anoh?

Hey I will enrol in a french class here. Isn't that cool? It would be nice to learn a new language. when I told Michael about it tinawanan ba naman ako...I would look and sound funny daw but he's happy to learn about it. I spoke with a french chef yesterday and he told me that the key to learning how to speak french is not to use the tongue but the lips. uhhmmm....on verra! hehe
Chibog in Chief said…
snif, inggit talaga ako!! you didnt share the photos yet dear :-) we'll be waiting!!

bises
pining said…
Hi Haze, welcome back :-)
Lucky you have a discounted ticket, unlike us,we're still licking our wounds...
anyway, looking forward to your next installment!
haze said…
That is so expensive SIDNEY maybe you have some mileage discount that you can use anyway, you're traveling a lot. The travel is long but it's really worth it. The vacation was too short but I don't complain it's one of the most beautiful trip I had :D !

Salut VERNS! I understand you're busy so don't worry for the URL ;)! We're recovered and I am glad I'm back to blogging.

That is a brilliant idea...it would definitely a plus for your career. Learning French is not easy it requires time, patience and willingness and I bet you have them. Bonne chance pour la suite ;) !!!


Of course I want my readers to come back DHANGGIT, suspense lol!

Thanks a lot PINING! Why don't you check with your husband's company maybe they have the same benefits. In fact, my husband just learned it a little too late :( !
Francesca said…
haze, new avatar me here. to make sure its the true me visiting you.

i felt the same excitement as yours everytime i come home.

and always it will be memorable.
super enjoy kau, you didnt post yet about it and keep us waiting for more, haha.
Anonymous said…
Hello Haze! Hope your kids had a good time in the Philippines. It is funny but children actually adjust faster than adults. Hope to see more posts and pictures of your vacation!
raqgold said…
haze, the post office said better send the cookies after xmas na daw. to avoid the late delivery. hahaha or else bulok na daw pagdating dyan.
Raquel said…
Hi Haze, thanks for the update. Wow, ano 20 minutes lang upon claiming your luggage's? Usually it took me 1 to 2 hours eh. Nakakamis ang update mo Haze and I got a teary eyed din when your son asked "Maman c’est ça les Philippines?“
haze said…
Wow new avatar FRANCESCA. OO sarap talagang magbaskyon kung puede nga lang tumira di ba :D !

Hi BERNADETTE ANNE it was definitely a memorable trip especially for the kids because they can remember things now. My kids had a hard time to adjust because of a 7 hours time difference.

Wow talagang tototohanin ni RAQGOLD anyway, thank you your nice gesture , appreciate! Naku, everyone will be very busy during holidays hahaha. Tingnan ko na lang pictures lol !

Hi RAQUEL oo 20 minutes lang and I was really surprise. Normally, one hour is the shortest di ba. Even my Dad told me that I thought he'd wait for an hour ang bilis daw naming nakalabas! Well buti na lang, kasi pagod na rin kami :D !