The Trip - Part 2

Who says there’s nothing interesting to see in Manila. I am not talking about the big malls which is the easiest place to go. And because my husband does not support to stay in Manila our plan to hang out for 2 days was religiously followed. Morning of our arrival we went directly to my parent’s house before going to the hotel near their place for easy access. My father passed by Fort Bonifacio Global City and I remember this place late 1987. Fort Bonifacio used to be a part of armed forces base camps where Ferdinand Marcos incarcerated hundreds of his opponents. My vivid memory from many years ago of Fort Bonifacio was the military headquarters, the detention hub, barracks, army bureaus and training fields which are now long gone. At present, it turns out to be the location of an expansion of the economic quarter. The rapid construction of residential buildings, offices, trading businesses and a dozen schools are rising in hasty progression. I observed that in spite of global crisis economic is trying to improve its state.

At that same day, I knew that my brother (who lives in Cebu) will come together with wife and daughter to meet up with us. The last time, we went to visit them in Cebu. Normally, Filipinos love to go Malling just to eat and not spending to much, to get away from the heat , window shop, people watch and I would say, because it’s a less expensive way to do during free time. Moreover, the Philippines was reportedly the second largest market of karaoke and almost all Filipinos indulge in that activity. Manila is known to be a capital of nightlife of the Philippines, thus for dancing crowds who loves loud music, disco and bar hopping too are one of them.

However, among the things mentioned we didn’t do anything not even malling. Now, don't ask me how big Asia Mall is rolleyes!! Since Ate (elder sister) took a 2 days off she had a brilliant idea of inviting us to Club Manila East located in Taytay Rizal. It was our first time to discover an enjoyable resort proximity of Manila. Generally, to find a resort it could be out of Manila. It was a sort of an advance Christmas get together of the family. Okay, I have to tell you that the resort prohibits bringing food inside as they want to maintain the cleanliness of the vicinity which is comprehensible.

The moment we saw the resort we were undeniably impressed because of its cleanliness and architectural construction. It’s not exceptional but satisfying to see. The amenities include 19,000 square foot giant wave pool for surfing, it is a business and leisure resort, with 70 air conditioned rooms and fully furnished bungalows. They also have kiddie pools and fountains and waterfalls, adult pool with a giant 3-looped slide, the kayaking area, lap pool, covered pool and the bean shaped pool. If in case you are within the Manila area try to visit this place. Overnight accommodations are available at a very reasonable price of P2,900/night.

Given that bringing food is not allowed we went out to the nearest fast food restaurants and had the food taken out. We just assembled everyone at the parking area and had lunch there. Don’t worry, the parking is a private area with closure. It’s clean, few cars and guests since it was not a peak season. Probably, we only spent 30 minutes lunch break and then get on with our gears and swimsuits. These 2 days stay in Manila was such a memorable period of my vacation with family. Time maybe short and brisk but eventful ! There's much to appreciate every details whether it's a comedic and silly jokes or the beautiful sunset.






On the third day, we went to Sariaya, Quezon Province to visit my other relatives. I consider Quezon my first home as I spent half of my childhood there. I don’t recall how many summers, holy weeks and family get togethers I spent during my early years but I can only tell you that memories are still alive and unsullied razz. Those recollection gives me comfort and eternal bliss throughout our stay. When I saw my children playing non-stop with other kids I can’t help but remember my beautiful childhood souvenir. Souvenir that I can go back on and on. Climbing the Mango trees, picking up guava in the forest, asking chicos or caimitos from relatives were absolutely delightful and amiable story of my early days. Not to mention, playing all the local games of my epoch until the sunset which I enjoyed every bit of my youth. Enough of that, I feel old when I talk about my younger years lol.

Though there was communication barrier, my kids managed to play as children do. We had an enjoyable stroll at the village. Merely talking with the neighbours on how the village has changed a lot. Before there we few houses near my grandparents house. At present, new houses are springing up like mushrooms after the time and so the population is definitely expanding. Eating buko (young coconut) and fresh fruits like Pomelos and bananas were one of the highlights of the day. Sorry, I wouldn’t be able to shares pictures of foods because we were spontaneously promenading and did not consider to bring the camera arrghh!

In between days, our feet brought us to Province of Marinduque as I would like to see my Auntie who’s in the Monastery of St. Claire. I’ve been wanting to see her from our previous vacation but the time didn’t permit us since we needed to take the ship going there which a bit risky because of heavy rains. Imagine, I haven’t seen my Auntie over the past 10 years or so.

This post is lengthy. I think I need to continue on my next post. Hang on there biggrin .

Comments

Angelo said…
Salut Haze! Club Manila East looks like fun. I get excited hearing about your adventure in the Philippines. I wish it were easier to just pick up and go back whenever I felt like it.

Whenever I hear of Fort Bonifacio, I always think of "The Fort", just another gimmick place... my family left the Philippines to escape the Marcos dictatorship. But your memories of "the Fort" sound more interesting :)

Can't wait to read more of and see more pics of your adventures in the Philippines.
Anonymous said…
Whenever I pass Sariaya (coming from Manila) I know I'm close to Lucena, my usual destination.

My aunt and uncle have a palaisdaan in Marinduque (among their other businesses). But they're really based in Santiago, Isabella (another one of my usual destinations).

Glad you spent time with the family. I'm sure you had a very good time:)
Raquel said…
Wow, ang mura at sulit ang P2,900 per night. Si Mimi, mukhang enjoy na enjoy sa pool ah. Btw, kaya pala most Filipinos abroad likes karaoke because we are the 2nd largest market of karaoke. If I am not wrong, I think it originated in Japan.

Thank you for sharing the photos Haze.
Mommy in School said…
saan ka sa Sariaya Haze? magkababayab pala tayo. Ano ga? hihihi.

Mahalia
http://chocolateword.net
Wil said…
Wave pool for surfing? I guess you don't have to worry about sharks there. :D
Anonymous said…
wow Haze ang gaganda ng picture nyo,and that Club Manila looks fab! mukhang nag enjoy talaga kayo :-)
Anonymous said…
wow my commenter name came out as numbers... sorry Haze, that was me -Pining-.
Chibog in Chief said…
nice places you've been :-) kainggit talaga!! see you on monday dear dalhan kita ng tuyo LOL ng mangamoy tayo dyan..bises
Analyse said…
your story makes me miss home all the more. specially now that christmas spirit is everywhere, misa de gallo, puto bumbong, hayy.. seems that you spent most of your time with the family, ako din, pag nakabakasyon sa pinas, nakadikit ako palagi sa family ko hehe..
haze said…
Coucou ANGELO ! If only Philippines is a 5 hours travel by plane I could go there every year di ba! You should visit CME when you go back there, it's interesting and fun. I used to jog and learn driving inside The Fort . At that time there were no buildings only headquarters and a big piece of land. Yeah, the Marcos Regime, it's one bitter history!

I can see that we have a lot of things in common JOANNE :D! I like going to Lucena because there are big malls there now. When I discover Marinduque, I want to explore the place because it's one peaceful city and clean.

Di ba very affordable RAQUEL! Tapos kung overnight pa maganda. Oo enjoy talaga, parang ayaw nga umahon eh.

In fact, sa Barrio Castanas pa ako MAHALIA doon mga grandparents ko. Pero we used to live in Sariaya for 4 years and finished my high school in St. Joseph's Academy :D !

You bet WIL thus, it made for me :D !
haze said…
It's absolutely fabulous! Great way to learn kayak and surfing lol !No worries PINING!

Sus pauwi ka na rin DHANGGIT, sama ako sa luggage mo !!! I'l be waiting Monday, walang drawing ha!

Well you will have your Mom soon ANALYSE , that means she'll bring home in France, kainggit :D ! This time I had a taste of bibingka when we went to Marikina market for Tiangge ;) !
Angelo said…
Salut Haze, any more updates on your Philippine adventure? Philippe just wanted to say thanks for appreciating his handsomness. Most people think he's ugly. We think it's time you get your husband a new custodial engineer fish.
mitsuru said…
i usually pass by sariaya year ago; on countless trips from manila to bicol and vice- versa.

the more i miss the philippines with your post.
Toe said…
Happy New Year Haze!

Congratulations on your new blog!

It's great that you brought your family home. You must have had a blast.

We passed by Sariaya when we went to Lucena for the long holiday.

I've been to Marinduque and I love the place... especially during the Moriones festival.

Don't you just love the Philippines? :)
haze said…
Coucou ANGELO! For me every species and human being are beautiful in their own way! I'll update my Pinas adventure again soon. We're thinking of having a new aquarium when we move into another place.

And right buses going to Bicol pass by from Sariaya MITSURU! I think it will take 6 to 8 hrs ano ? When was the last time you went home ba?

Same to you TOE and good luck in whatever opportunities that comes your way! I love Lucena too, no doubt the city is progressing have you been to SM :D ? Marinduque also is nice very peaceful and a clean city. Haven't experience the Moriones Festival, though.