It's not all about gifts

My husband attended a two days seminar. There were among other 25 Cadres (25 Managers) who were present. This time he was on his best suit made by my Uncle especially for him. When suddenly, all his colleagues gazed at him as if it was their first time to see husband wearing a suit. Suddenly, colleagues started to praise him. Wohoa, t’es bien là dedans! (You are good in that suit). J’adore ton costume ! (I love your suit). Superb ton costume! (Your suit is excellent.) Then it was pretty awkward for him with all the compliments thus, he smiled at them and said , “Arrêtez,.vous me mettre mal à l'aise!” Stop, that’s enough you make me feel uneasy.

Well, I am not surprised since he has few suits that he bought many years ago and the style starts to get old-fashioned. Just to give you recap from our Philippine trip. I asked my uncle who has a tailoring shop that makes especially made suit only for men. We personally chose the fabrics and colours. We had 2 suits and 1 Barong for husband made in the Philippines. From now on, I will not include suit in my list of shopping. It is not practical to buy a custom made suit that doesn’t make the person stand out except for those signature ones. Husband went to the seminar sharp and renowned. I am proud of my Uncle’s talent that made hubby feel confident.

Before the seminar ended, the coordinator asked them a quick and simple question what do they think of Christmas ? Some says. “Ah, c’est les cadeaux! (It’s about gift ). Others says, C’est que pour les enfants. (It’s only for children). Husband said, Partage (to share). Everyone was teasing husband. “Oh c’est mignon!” (Oh that is cute). Ca c’est Bernard, tout ça! (That’s all Bernard is). Before husband left the coordinator thanked husband for his presence especially for sharing his thoughts about Christmas. He secretly told husband while shaking his hand " Enfin, tu nous as mis à un certain niveau
" ! (Finally, you have put us at a certain level).

It is surprising how people think about Christmas. It should not be about gift receiving nor it’s only made for children, it’s for everyone!
Other view Christmas as merely a decoration . But there is a much more profound meaning behind those Christmas trees, glittering lights, and beautiful ornaments. Christmas is for the young and old, poor and rich, black or white . Christmas is all about sharing and giving. Whatever your beliefs are Christmas will always be a wonderful occasion of the year.

Comments

Makis said…
So true! Happy holidays to you Haze & the rest of the family!
Angelo said…
Amen to that Haze! I hope you and your family have a Blessed Christmas.
Wil said…
Awesome, your Uncle can make suits. I might need one, too. :D

I'm actually also going to blog about gifts next. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Haze,
I remember in the Philippines Christmas means lots of food and having friends and relatives around. So kami nang mga cousins ko ay magugulo. Hindi noon laging may gifts. Even now, I don't associate the holidays with presents...

By the way, we got our tickets already for Jan. 25 to Feb. 6. We're landing in Geneva since Xav's parents will be in Switzerland but we're planning to go to France as well. Hopefully you can spare a couple of hours for us since it'd be great to see you in person:)
raqgold said…
haze, my husband had his suits made in pinas, too. if i knew about your uncle we'd have had his done there, too. next time na lang!
Anonymous said…
I bet your husband looked dashing in that suit... siempre gawang Noypi :-)
Christmas for me, is a time to be merry, in every way possible!
Hope you have a cracking one!
Anonymous said…
ooops that's me, pining, sorry...
Toe said…
Ang galing Haze! Your uncle made hubby's suit!

Hey... guapo na, mabait pa. Christmas is indeed for sharing.
haze said…
Thanks everyone for the comment ! And yes my husband looks good on that suit. If anyone would like to have the contact of my uncle just leave me a message :D !