Should I or shouldn't I ?

I don’t know and I don’t care of what my neighbours will think everytime they see me clean our car inside the residence. Well, I know that vacuum creates an irritating sound however I don’t wash the car early in the morning or during nap time. I am not that insensitive on others wanting to have a quite environment. Knowing that Frenchies often complains because of the LITTLE noise a person could create nevertheless I still insist on cleaning our car. I have kids who eat inside the car obviously the presence of bread crumbs is frequently visible. I clean the car once a week and I think there’s nothing ghastly about washing a car even inside the property. There are some neighbours who would joke and ask me to clean their car “un coup de chiffon suffit et je serai content!” (One touch of sponge and I will be happy!). Or they will tell me that husband is quite lucky that I do the cleaning. While the truth is they wanted to pass a message on me that they want their wife to do the same (and because I am the only woman in the neighbourhood who consistently cleans a car). Others would throw out a killer glance on me and apparently unfriendly probably want to ask me why shouldn’t I just go clean my car at the car wash centre and stop making noise with my non-silence vacuum. A mischievous looks as if I am causing destruction and a penchant for wreaking havoc. Why should I? I know that a car wash centre exists but we are paying our monthly dues amongst the proprietors of the habitation so why not use of the benefits that goes along with it anyway. One way is by utilizing the water in cleaning the car to compensate from the costly monthly fee. It’s just fair enough and I am not the only one cleaning the car by the way. There are very few neighbours that will approach me discreetly telling me that washing a car don’t cost that much and the vacuums are more dominant! I will just plainly reply that it’s not about paying it’s about how I wanted my car to be washed without queuing and waiting without making any effort and to tell you honestly I love washing my car, that’s it!

Comments

Wil said…
Good for you that you keep your car clean. Its been a while since I vacuumed my car. It's got so many of those little things that fall from trees, like little pine cones ... I don't know what they're called. They're all over the inside of my car since they get stuck in my boots. hehe
Anonymous said…
the house is mine to clean, the car is his to wash. hehe... i don't wonder why your male neighbors are impressed. it's not everyday you see the wife wash the family car.
Makis said…
Wash wash away, Haze! I have always cleaned our car when I was in Manila. Turtle wax, Tire Black, vacuum & all. I couldn't do it here since I would be needing a very long extension plug :) But I'm thinking of buying those cable-less mini vacuums.
Chibog in Chief said…
ang wrinkles mama :-) hehehe just dont mind them, probably they are just shock that the wife is cleaning the car..anyways sabi nga ng lolo ko kung wala ka namang pineperwisyo deadma..hehehe dead na rin lolo ko  hope you are all having fun in Corsica..dont forget the pasalubong hehe bises

ps, kotse namin nakakahiya moving poubelle!!LOL
kala said…
If I had the courage, I'd wash my car every week too. Don't mind the neighbors; as long as you're happy cleaning the car, go ahead (and I'll bet the hubby is happy too, hehehe!)
Anonymous said…
asus ok lang yan. may mga sobrang arte lang talagang mga tao minsan. i'm sure considerate ka naman, if not , you would not be worrying about having upset your neighbors ;-)
Anonymous said…
So unusual the Frenchies, eh? Perhaps, too much wealth makes them feel like not saving some dough at all. :-) But i think they should.
Anonymous said…
Jeez, I envy you! I once washed our car once and I actually enjoyed it. If you like doing it and you are not inconveniencing anyone as well as not doing it at an ungodly hour, what is the harm?

I find it so funny when people complain about the tiniest of noise. Wait until they live in a place where there is constant noise all the time!
Analyse said…
taray naman ng mga kapitbahay. they can't be in our neighborhood then. because summer means travaux right. add to that the lawn mowers, vacuum cleaners for those who wash their cars, kids playing in their backyard..

pero bilib ako, sipag! dont inject that idea to frenchguy, otherwise, he will ask me to wash my car too, lol.
Francesca said…
Haze, kulit ng mga voisins mo.
Paki nila.
Boff na lang isagot mo, hehe.
raqgold said…
our former neighbor would always ask my husband to tone down the music when he is washing the car, e mas maingay pa yata yung vaccuum cleaner kesa sa radio ano, hehehe. same here, i always arm myself with a vaccuum to reach those crumbs, naiirita rin ako!
Toe said…
Hehe! Inggit lang cguro cla because you're very diligent in cleaning the car. I don't see what's wrong in wanting to clean your car especially if you don't do it naman during siesta time... maganda nga yon e. :)
haze said…
WIL: since I love cleaning cars, it's out of question I'll drive with a dirty car..kids always eat inside and I don't want to see crumbs, wrappers etc!

EVI: hi and welcome to my site ! Well fair is fair, but my case is exceptional I just love to do it, I even clean my husband's car :D and he's happy !

MAKIS: I know you told me about it, sarap kaya! But I don't use waxes I just clean them. I am thinking of buying mini vacuums too ,it's practical for crumbs!

HILDA: masipag lang talaga ako maglinis ng kotse. They're quite funny and I don't really mind some of those or are throwing me tiger look, dedma nga!

KALA: I just let them and yes hubby smiling from ear to ear!

CARYN: ano pa, gusto nga nila pati kotse nila linisin ako, ano sila hilo :D !

MAJOR TOM: French normally doesn't have the time to clean their car. Life is a fast phase, but I was thinking weekends will be an ideal day to clean the car di ba :D ! They should be practical nowadays with the global crisis going on!

BERNADETTE ANNE: that's exactly my point! I respect and obey our residential rules. I think they're just surprise to see that I am the only woman cleaning a car hahaha ! They're probably dreaming that their wife take the initiative to do the task from time to time! And yes, they are known are "raleurs" so no doubt about the tiniest of noise.

GERI: wohh lawn mowers that's a terrible noise good that Americans are used to it! You should try sometime, nakakatuwa rin!

ANALYSE: though they're not complaining directly, I can feel them. Hindi naman lahat buti na lang :D ! Mas maraming mabait parang pati sila gusto nila akong gayahin !

FRANCESCA: is just smile that's it!

RAQGOLD: hahaha oo nga it's useless to put the music when vacuum is on, siguro pagkatapos na lang! I still don't have the mini vacuum so I'm using the little dustpan and brush if ever konti lang ang crumbs!

TOE: I am just being practical and cleaning our car is the best way to exercise too ! I do it at 4 or 5 PM to be exact para wala ng tulog di ba iwas tiger look pa ;) !
CLC Fashion said…
je te souhaite un joyeux Anniversaire, Haze! plein de bonheur et bonne sante!

Yaan mo yang mga kapitbahay haha inggit siguro yan sa kasipagan mo :-)