Koh-Lanta season 8

I have talked about in my previous post just last year about the TV reality in France. The one I was religiously watching was La Nouvelle Star which ended last month. I was actually rooting for Benjamin because I like the way he performs unfortunately he did not make it to the finals sad. I find the regulations of the game a bit peculiar. The contestants perform and will be judged according to their performance. There are professional judges (i.e. singers, composer etc) but their judgment does not count because in the end the crowd will have the final say. Unfortunately, it’s the name of the game! In fairness to Amandine she also sings very well and I think the crowd preferred that a lady wins this time because in the last two consecutive shows winners were both men. But I still go for Benjamin, a true artist himself.

Summer is equivalent to TV Reality in France and they are budding like flowers but quite non-sense like Secret Story (equivalent to Pinoy Big Brothers ) and L’Ile de la Tentation (Island of Temptation) which are starting to be on television screen by now. I have talked about them on my preceding post and I never really watch a single episode of the show. I only talk concerning my favourite TV reality shows like Koh-Lanta (the French version of Mark Burnett's Survivor). This is a contest of adventure. Last year season 7 was held in the island of Palawan and I also did not agree of Kevin winning the adventure, I voted for Gregoire who once failed (just once) while Kevin lost many times during the adventure. Anyway, it’s like gambling either you loose or win!

Rules of the game:

Part 1
THE "COMFORT" GAME
The Games are Comfort with a gain to improve the ordinary Adventurers on the camps.

THE "IMMUNITY" GAME
The victory in the game Immunity preserves the entire team or the candidate's elimination after the Council.

THE COUNCIL
At the Council, all contenders of the team will have a secret voting with a ballot. The name of the eliminated person is written on the ballot from the team which will be immediately excluded from the adventure.

Part 2
"LA RÉUNIFICATION"
The Reunification includes the remaining candidates of the two teams into one (yellow and red team combined). From that moment, everyone plays for him and pulls individual benefit of his victory in the Test Comfort or immunity.
When reunification is effective, candidates are eliminated in an isolated island until the last Council, where he will designate the winner between the two finalists. The ultimate outcome of this Council will be announced live during the last broadcast in Paris.

I only talk about shows concerning good shows and because tonight, July 4 Koh-Lanta season 8 will be held for the second time in the Philippines biggrin. The exact place of shooting is in the Island of Caramoan in the Region of Camarines Sur. I was quite surprise normally they transfer from one country to another after every season. I’ve also learned that French adventurers, productions and crews stayed there for 3 months now for the shooting. They've built a number of cabanas during their stay. These cabanas will be a supplementary tourist attraction once the competition shooting ends.

I am excited for tonight to discover more my country and the beautiful islands behind the noisy city of Manila razz!



Comments

Analyse said…
i was quite surprised too to learn that thay again shoot this season sa pinas.. and of course, i watched it last night, lol.. o ano, nahanap mo na ba bet mo for this season? lol. ako di pa.. walang kasing cute ni gregoire hahaha..
Anonymous said…
I am also hooked on watching reality shows. Looks like was La Nouvelle Star is much like American Idol and Canadian Idol. I always watch these two shows. Survivor is another favourite of mine.
Chibog in Chief said…
hey where are you?? we need to fix our date :-) bises
Anonymous said…
I love reality shows too, and even if your favourite didn't win, minsan mas sikat pa sila kesa sa winner.
My father is from Camarines Sur, I 've been there once, when I was 8 I think, but I've got a vague memory of it as a green/farmland; never realized there are gorgeous beaches there :-)
Toe said…
Wow, cool! I wish that we have that here! We only have Amazing Race and I'm always proud whenever they pass by the Philippines! :)
Francesca said…
GRABEH, ganda nga. Saka virgin pa siya, di pa gaanong commecialized.

Haze, punta tayoooo...
raqgold said…
i would love to go there, pero kapag 3 hour boat ride? nyee, takot ako :) ang ganda talaga sa pinas ano? as for watching tv shows, i love docus and reality shows, too... pero getting to watch them from start to finish, no chance pa rin :(
Anonymous said…
Last may this was just a rumor because the Government of Caramoan penned an agreement with the producers about the confidentiality of the show. Now GMA 7 has confirmed it.

What is buzzing in the Philippines right now is the forthcoming Survivor Philippines coming this august. Everyone is so excited of the show because it will be handled by the GMA 7 public affairs program, known to be one of asia's best, unlike the Pinoy Idol which turned out as a dissapointment