My good samaritan

This morning I went to grocery store to buy some things and ingredients that are missing in the kitchen cabinets. I went to my car and discharged the items in the compartment when suddenly a thin, ragged looking guy approached me asking for money. I was surprise to see him because the my thinking busy mind was gazing to my grocery items if I didn’t forget something. I told him I didn’t have money which is true because I am using a card or cheque everytime I pay the bills. He didn’t insist instead he went away talking alone. Apparently he’s a mentally bothered guy. Just a few seconds later another man came near me aging around 45 to 50 year old wearing khaki slacks and neatly tucked chequered short sleeved shirt with his cellphone. He then started talking to me that the moment he saw the guy came towards me he was alerted if in case the guy harasses me. I was thankful it was not the case. However I was still grateful of his good intention and his presence of mind. Exchange of words started. He told me that we should really be very attentive whatever is happening around us. Terrible things happen nowadays and vigilance is crucial. He even advice me to look around before going to the car, compartment etc. He is right! I have always been alert whenever I withdraw money, or go to a crowded places but at that time I was off my guard. He shared to me what happened to her sister who was unfortunately a victim of harassment & probably raped. Her sister was imprisoned in the car compartment for 3 days by some crazy people. He didn’t finish his story instead he told me to take care of myself. Before we parted ways I thank him again for what he did to me. He just simply answered me with a smile “Don’t worry, it’s normal. Just please be careful the next time.” I can feel his sincerity. He waved goodbye and he sounded relieved!

Comments

raqgold said…
there are really guardian angels around us. am happy you met one in person.
Anonymous said…
What a nice guy! I guess not all French are aloof and uncaring towards strangers:)
Keith said…
See, just like with me, there are stories of caring people everywhere! Haze, I am well in California. C ome by my bblog if you want to hear an update
Analyse said…
there are still nice people around..
Francesca said…
Same here. This world is not full of rotten people, despite there are some here and there.

I think pansinin din ang pagiging asiatic mo haze. Marghie and I are "protected" by neighbors from young boys around, kasi sypha (nice) daw mga asiatics.

Nice feeling,no?
Anonymous said…
oh dear, good thing he just went away (the deranged guy I mean)... or something else might have happened...
sadako said…
(off topic)

Haze sensya na ngayon lang ako nakareply. I already sent you an email. check your inbox.

and yes I will add you as well to my blnk page (blogroll)

mabuhay tayong mga taga Quezon
Leah said…
I guess its really good to be careful of everyone. Although its good to know that there are good people around. More than less I hope.

Not to disillusion you but be careful of the same guy who warned you as well. You never know if he is telling the truth. I'm sorry if I think harsh. But nonetheless, be wary of your surroundings.

btw, I tagged you here
Chibog in Chief said…
good thing even if crazy and inhuman people on earth exist...there tons of good hearted people that exist too!! you are lucky dear, maybe next time we need to learn self-defense (kung fu par exemple) so if there's no nice people to defend us we can ready to kick their a___! heheh have a great day
Anonymous said…
j'ai adoré me replonger dans l'ambiance de la fête de smères côté "petits "
adorable, je t'embrasse Fanfan du fatras,
Anonymous said…
that was really sweet of him to do so. i guess there are still good people in the world. scary about withdrawing from ATMs lately no?
haze said…
RAQGOLD: Indeed lucky, hoping that there will be more like him ;)!

JOANNE: French may seem snob but when you get to know them they are nice people. Being bad or nice does not depend on nationality !

KEITH: Good still wins over evil. I do visit you :D, I just sometimes don't leave a trace, I will next time. Have a nice day.

ANALYSE: I agree!

FRANCESCA: It's everywhere no matter where we are, let us just try to be good and accept differences!
haze said…
PINING: I am really grateful. It was during the day and there were a lot of people around so I guess people will care :D!

BPJ: I did received your message, thanks. I'll email you then. :D ! Salamat Kabatak...

LEAH: It's funny I did not exclude that idea that he just want to get my attention. But I saw his sincerity and I believed him. At the same time I still keep an eye on him. Right we should not trust a stranger because of their story, it might be untrue.

DHANGGIT: Oh good and bad exist everywhere! In fact, I've been a martial arts enthusiasts and been practicing since the age of 17 (medyo late na nga eh). I now lack of practice and stopped because of my knee problem but I intend to continue later on. It's indeed a great self defense somehow ;)!

FRAMBOISINE: La fête de mères, je préfère la chouchouter au quotidien, avec beaucoup plus d'attentions. Gros bisous et bonne fête a toi aussi!

CARYN: blessed him! It's scary indeed! Everytime I withdraw money from ATM's I make sure to apply, stop, look, listen and cover the card when I start to input the pin code....very important!
Anonymous said…
How nice of him. Yes, there are still good people around but it didn't stop me from thinking if he was really a good guy!
Sorry if ngayon lang ako nakadalaw uli Haze!!!
haze said…
Hi AGRING yes good and bad are everywhere ! All what we can do is stay on guard wherever we are. Ok lang ;) I know you are busy rin !