Joke of the day!

Honey was looking at our old pictures with the kids this morning. I remember when I was pregnant with Mayumi Honey took a picture of me while I was taking a bath. So can you imagine a nude woman with a big belly? Of course, when I saw him taking a video I was embarrassed even if we are already a couple. He showed some of my pregnancy photos and videos to the kids. He looked at Mayumi saying that it was her inside my big belly. Mayumi caught by surprise and the conversation went like this :

Mayumi :
with a raising voice looking his Papa with her two big eyes. "Maman m'a avalée!" (Maman swallowed me! )

Sébastien : (confirming) "Eh oui Maman t'as avalée" (Oh yes Maman swallowed you).

That was a big laugh afterwards he explained that I was not a monster!

Another one is when we were watching a documentary film about animals. Mayumi saw a mother pig nursing her 10 piglets. And I told her :

Me : Regarde Mimi tu as vu la maman cochonne, et cochonettes qui tété ? Ils ont mignone hein ! C'est comme toi quand tu était toute petite. (Look Mimi have you seen the mother pig nursing its piglets? They are so cute ha! It's like you when you were too little.

Mimi : Mais non Maman! Ils dede ! trying to correct me ! (But no Maman, they dede ) she used "dede" the tagalog word for breastfeeding !

Another big laugh! At home there will always be things that make us laugh especially when we are confronted with two or more languages :D !

Comments

Analyse said…
monster pala si maman ha, lol.
raqgold said…
ikaw mommy ha, bakit mo nilunok si mimi, hehehe. my girls esp love to see our wedding photos naman, bakit daw hindi sila kasali :D
Anonymous said…
Salut Haze! Your kids always say the darnedest things :D very cute.
Keith said…
In the Indonesian archipelago they say "anak ku" for my child. I may let my friend there see your site, but she may think I am trying to hint at something.... Yikes.

Haze, I think the Visayas are beautiful, and I love the Bisaya language to the degree I know it (gamay). But your sharing here is fun and inspired.

Salamat kaayo.
Francesca said…
Its so innocent questions haze, they asks that you wonder what to do.
Michel, my husband saidhe was asked also by his own children were babies came from.
Bah, ang hirap ng sagot, haha.
But he managed to say that when a mama cat goes with a papa cat, the tummy gets bigger after few months and little kittens were born.
Same like when mama and papa goes to gether, a baby is born.

So far, kaya na ng brain ng kids ang ganyang sagot.
We cannot tell them about spermazoid ek ek, di ba?

But then as times goes, he became a JW, he explained to his children that God is the Author of marriage and having kids gives stability to a family.

So children are born according to God's purpose.

yun na.
Chibog in Chief said…
heheh funny indeed. it reminded me of sarah my 4 four year old niece..i was also telling her that my mayumi was the inside my belly when it used to be so big..and you know what she told me.."mais elle est passé par ou?" hehehe i told her better ask your dad I'm not good in that subject :-)
ps tuloy tayo sa thursday ha :-)
haze said…
ANALYSE grabe pinagkamalan pa akong halimaw!

RAQGOLD I guess every kids love looking at happy/funny pictures. Followed with questions, pansin mo ?

ANGELO indeed! Hope you're doing okay :D !

KEITH We say "anak ko" rin in Tagalog :D! hahaha, no problem anyway there will be no nude photos of me here ;)! I understand a bit of Visaya because my Dad hails from Bacolod and I have my auntie who lives in Cebu! I would like to speak Visaya fluently ;)!

FRANCESCA I think each one of us will have different version. Explaining why kids are made is really a tough question because need to be very careful on the choice of words too :D!

DHANGGIT that was one innocent question but difficult to explain without putting malice on it, hirap no! Right decision though! Text me or call me what time on Thursday ok ;)!
Anonymous said…
It's amazing what comes out of a child's mouth. It seems silly but spot-on at the same time.

It reminded me of The Little Prince when the author did an outline of a drawing. All the adults said it was a hat but the little prince correctly identified it as a snake who swallowed an elephant:)
Anonymous said…
aahhh...kids say the funniest thing, don't they...
Mayumi sounds very clever :-)
Keith said…
A child I knew was eating with us, and he asked his lola what we are eating.

She said "It is lapu lapu"

His response was , "The one that killed Magellan?"...

He is thirty years my junior.... funny how I asked the exact same question, not long before...
haze said…
That was smart! An innocent question with a touch of history :D ! Hey how did you learn Tagalog and Visaya ?
Toe said…
Hahaha, this is hilarious Haze! :) Bakit mo nga naman linunok si Mayumi??? :)
haze said…
Hay naku tawa ako ng tawa TOE kasi I was caught by surprise!