Nems à la banane et au chocolat

Nope, I did not switch my blog into a food blog. Don’t worry you will not find new recipes here otherwise you will have catastrophe in your kitchen. It’s just the Title of the post that differs.

Okey, I will start from the things that my Honey and I are compatible with! Apart from sports and watching films,we love EATING out! I don’t know when was the last time I went out with my husband as we used to. Like other normal couple we sometimes need to unwind without the kids right? After my 2 pregnancies I don’t have a clear souvenir of a
restaurant where we went to. Though, we still go out to watch a film once in a while depending if there are interesting films out in the big screen. I know you will ask me, what about the kids? Of course, before going out we have already planned everything. Luckily, we have a very good baby sitter who later on became the Godfather (Ninong) of my daughter. I thank him because he’s really taking very good care of my kids and treat them like his own siblings. Oftentimes kids are asking us if when are we going out so as their Kuya Joy will come over to take care of them. Now, they want us out cool kids aren’t they!

What do we usually do right now is to invite friends over for dinner. I guess that is the major motivation why I was able to transform myself. To be keen in cooking, to satisfy and please our invited guests and to save my husband from absolute humiliation! Gone from a long break of not going out to restos we finally decided to take the night out just like we used to do. We went to a Japanese Restaurant. The restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food is just superb. In fact, it’s my second time, the first time I went there was with Makis while hubby is a first timer. We ordered the complete menu from the first plate to succulent dessert. Sorry, it’s difficult to remember the menus we have ordered but as far as I can remember we have ordered soup as a first plate to go light. For the main menu, Honey opted for a Tuna with Spinach on the side whilst I ordered for tempura and didn’t think to order something to go along with them (shhh I am on a diet). Now, ordering dessert was a bit funny because when hubby asked for the menu he asked the waitress what is Nems à la banane et au chocolat (Banana spring rolls with chocolate). He told the waitress the name sounds bizarre! I was half grinning because I already do have a pretty clear idea of how it would look like. Out of curiosity he insisted for that. My turn to to order dessert, the waitress told me Bon choix (good choice) and she left. I told husband you have already tasted that. I told him, sus Turon lang yan sa Pinas (oh that’s only a wrapped fried banana with chocolate inside)! Me, rolling my eyes trying to convince him that I already made the same when we invited friends over for dinner. The only difference was that I've added some hazel nut on it! Though, Honey was not convinced I was right about the Nems à la banane et au chocolat, Turon nga sosyal lang pakinggan (it's just chic to hear)! Finally he admitted it was Turon. I told him you should have believed me. That only means that I begin to learn how Asian food resembles they just differ on names. Now I am cooking!


Pictures from Marketmanila thank you !

Comments

Chibog in Chief said…
ang sosyal na turon.;bow!! hehehe, my darling and i see to it to go out too once in a while.;dining out, watching a movie or an opera..now with my little girl on the side.;its my mom in law who acts as our saviour hehehe.;when will you bring me in this jap resto?? would love to try this :-)

ps, are you free one of these days.;i might go to marseille.;well just tell you tru email or chat bisou
Sidney said…
It is mostly like that... when you have children the focus changes and you have less opportunities to go out.
I don't regret it since kids bring you other joys.

Turon is good...too bad it is fried which is not really healthy..
Anonymous said…
"otherwise you will have catastrophe in the kitchen"

very funny Haze. I wonder what it would be like if you and I were in charge of cooking. But it sounds like you've made successful meals before, in which case I can be your happily inept assistant:)
raqgold said…
i love turon :D haze, am publishing your travel story in PMN travel - the one about 'for travellers' - would it be ok?
haze said…
HILDA, o di ba sosyal pakinggan :D ! Indeed going out is fun between couples. Good PIL. Come to Marseille and will bring you there!

SIDNEY, after my pregnancy I have realized that my life is focused primarily to my children but that doesn't mean I should forget my needs as a woman! Certainly, children are a great joy and bringing them into this world is a matter of life and death in which I never regret, they are so precious to us!

Well there is no other way to cook Turon only deep frying. I don't think it's unhealthy as long as you don't eat it everyday. Or probably you can try to put them in the oven. It's like French fries !

JOANNE, before it was really the case but surfing thru internet exchanging recipes from friends and asking Filipino community I finally learn cooking... slowly but surely. Sure we can make a good chef and sous-chef!

RAGGOLD it's the all time favorite! I'll be glad to give you the GO signal. Tell me if you want me to write something too for future posting ;)! Thanks.
Wil said…
I don't think I've ever had that Nems a la banane et au chocolat. Sounds tasty though. :D

I've also tried using recipes from the internet. Some went well, others not so well. hehehe. Which websites do you use for Filipino recipes?
Francesca said…
aha, dating sa linggo si marghie.
Papadala ako ng saging saba, para "vrai" and aking turon, eheste nems ala banane.

Pero this time avec hazel nuts, copy from haze.
If oks siya, ma present kay madame, lol
ten euros ka (dahil sa tip)hihi!
haze said…
WIL, you should try this it's ! It's mouth watering unless you don't want chocolate you could try another combination like jack fruit (Langka) or you can make an experiment that will go perfectly with banana!

When I surf thru internet for recipes I just type the name of the menu. No particular site because I love combining sometimes !

FRANCESCA, naku di ba you can buy them from Chinese store:D! Oo naku experiment ko lang yan but it went well naman! Our friends were bewitched LOL !
Toe said…
Hahaha... this is so funny Haze. Turon nga lang 'yon. :) But I'm sure the French present it in such a way that it looks expensive. :)

Cool kids indeed.. wanting to hang out with Kuya Joy. But he's a boy and his name is Joy? :)
haze said…
TOE,o di ba pinasosyal lang ! I bet that we have eaten some food that somewhere that resembles to Philippine cuisine with different names. It's like here in France they have 'Pot-au-feu' pero eto nilagang baboy or baka sa atin

Indeed they're impatient when are we going out for us to call Kuya Joy! His real name is Francis Joy :D but the family used to call him Joyjoy!
Anonymous said…
You don't say... gone were the carefree days when my 2 kids arrived, in fact my hubby and I go out once in a blue moon, like when we're with the in-laws, twice a year... if we're lucky.
I love turon, especially with langka, but that French version I'm sure taste more yummy :-)
haze said…
PINING quite something like that "gone were the carefree days" but we're able to manage by now! Sometimes we go to party (organize one) with kids ! AS for me, I prefer without langka :D di kasi ako mahilig don. You should try this one day I am sure you will thank me LOLLL!