On EB's and its story

I surf, chat, send mails and I know how Microsoft office works. But blogging? If JOANNE calls herself “the late blogger” I also consider myself as one. Honestly, at that time I was never up to date about the new effects going on in the Web world. Until I exchanged emails and chatted with an expert on web design and html's things. How did we meet? Now here's the story behind EB (eyeball) happened sometime year 2005. One night we were invited by honey's officemate over her place for appetizers with some of her chosen colleagues. It was the first time I met other officemates including the French-German couples who happened to be her neighbour and a good friend of hers. While exchanging conversation here and there they confirmed having a Filipina friend and she just live next door. Sylvain told me her name is KALA which I thought an origin of Baguio! Really it was my first time to stumble upon such an original name. I gave them my email address to be given to her so she could be able contact me. The next day Kala emailed me and we started chatting from then on (until now) and had planned to meet each other.

Before heading off to Corsica I finally met her August of 2005 and I brought along with me my 4 months baby girl Mayumi. Kala tagged along with her is another blogger MAKIS. We all have 3 things in common, being a Filipina who doesn't have a family in France, married to Frenchies and we all live in the beautiful city of South. We then went to a café to get acquainted with each other. From that time on a good amity started between the three of us. The meeting was great and funny, hence thinking that I am the most talkative between us three I was wrong! Makis is babblier that made me feel discreet. What more Kala? To start with an ice breaker, do you know why Makis was smirking here? Okay this is how it went, it was time for picture taking Kala took photo and I sat down beside Makis and her head and my breast collided telling me they were too big, of course I was into breastfeeding then ! And Kala, reminded me of her Mom, don't I ?! Now do you see the picture? I'd like to thank Kala for the final push and introducing me to this wonderful means of expression and communication !






I met another Filipina who is a non-blogger, named Jhona but a Friendster buddy. Thanks to Makis! In fact, she sent an email to Makis that she would like to meet other Filipino living in Marseille (she doesn’t know anyone). We all agreed to meet her over my place and we started going out. I and Jhona often see each other because we both live in Marseille which is more accessible to plan and go out. She sometimes visits me at home and stroll at the park beside our residence, go to the beach at David or I visit her together with my kids over her place.

Makis, Kala, Jhona and Myself

The story continues…..

I’ve also met the blogging sewer writer herself APOL. She lives far from us so I have seen her thrice and chatted with her very rare as she is very busy spinning her ETSY shop and writing short stories. It was Kala’s birthday when I first met her together with her husband and yes I confirm that she’s the most talkative of us all, funny and wacky!

During Kala's birthday bash

Now, the farthest away blogger I’ve met is the famous busy working Mom ANALYSE the Dijonais together with the whole family! Kala gave me few blog sites to visit including hers and Francesca’s. Lurking on their sites and others gave me an idea on how to start off my own blog. I emailed her and later on converted into chatting more or less everyday as she was still pregnant at that time. Meaning, she had more time to blog and chat. We have had interesting and diverse conversation about France, cultural differences, being a new Mom, being a blogger, her being a working Mom and me as a stay at home Mom etcetera! That was a great exchange! When they visited the South of France they never missed to give me a visit. I invited them for lunch. Okay I will not tell you what were the menus….you know it’s my weak point. Though, Laurent (Analyse husband) told me that I make a delicious soup. He was rather expecting to have a Filipino style soup (lots of water with vermicelli pasta). Obviously, I was already advised by Analyse that he’s a very selective eater. If he only knew that I planned the menu greatly ahead of time to avoid embarrassment. Smart move! They brought cake for dessert. So I asked Makis and Jhona to come over too, unluckily Kala just moved to Paris during their visit. We had a great time especially with the kids. Mayumi never let go of Laurent as if he was his own Papa while Louna was tranquilly playing around, she didn’t pay attention at all nonetheless get jealous! Gentille LOUNA!

One fine day

The last but not the least is the very talented blogger HILDA. She commented on my blog and we started emailing each other and eventually turned into chatting. She has a 9 month daughter who happened to be MAYUMI too. She invited me to her FRENCH FOOD BLOG and I often get ideas of great recipes. We’ve been planning to have an EB together with Makis but it was never finalized until Makis needed to urgently leave for Philippines. One day she needed to go to Vaccination Centre before leaving for Philippines but the centre near her place is always unavailable. Thus, she asked me if there’s any here in Marseille, I told her yes! I've proposed to accompany and served as her driver! In return she cooked Pansit for me using Udon (Japenese Noodles) and I can tell you she is indeed a Cordon Bleu. I was so embarras when I had to cut the onion...hehehe it came out as squared onions and not fine chopped onions! Now I know how to cut onions properly, thanks Hilda! The moment was not enough for our first time acquaintance however we are still looking forward to another adventure with Makis when she comes back and that is very soon!

Mayumi meets Mayumi

When I read others EB’s episode it makes me happy because that’s how the magic of technology could reconnect people! I remember WIL saying about his EB experience with co-bloggers back home. I like the last passage he said “Who'd have thought that if it weren't for blogging, we'd all just be going about our lives not even aware of each other's existence?”. SO TRUE! Now, I wonder who will be the next on my EB lists.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow, looked like you and your friends had a lovely time... I'm sure they're all glad to have met you :-)
lovely Mayumis!
well, if you come to England, just holler...!
Anonymous said…
Imagine that! Two cute Mayumis born to two French/Filipina parents in the south of France:)

What a great story you have there Haze! The internet really is a helpful medium (if you set a limit, otherwise, it's a time waster). I'm glad you were able to meet other beautiful Filipinas in your neck of the woods. Hopefully, if everything goes as planned, we can visit France before the year ends. Count me in as one of your next EB's:)
Francesca said…
Next nyan, kami naman i meet mo with all taga Marseille.

If andito LOrraine( visa niya ok)August 1,2,3 nsa marseille kami.near Marignane airport.

Kaya handa mo na pang kape mo, lol
sama mga bloggers if they are not away for holiday.

we can tsika tsika also. Mas madaldal ako, haha.
Toe said…
Ayan, gusto ko tuloy pumuntang France. I want to meet you and your friends Haze. Let's go to Monte Carlo. :)

Oh, the Mayumis are so cute and are so like their name. :) Even Mayumi has met a lot of people because of your blogging. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Haze, after reading this I want to visit Marseilles so that I'll hold the record of being the farthest blogger you'll meet. LOL I've looked at the map and it's not 'doable' though. We'll just pass by one city in FR and that's Strasbourg. :( Maybe someday, or you might visit the US, the Euro is very strong, mura lang dito. :)
Mayumi is getting big na, is she in school yet?
Chibog in Chief said…
coucou ma belle,

nice long article you have here!! i'm extremely grateful to have meet you in person too..i didnt have time to see maki in pinas..so i propose we finally do our EB :-) sige buzz kita ang dami ko chika sa iyo :-)

kisses

btw, my mayumi is only 6 months old in the photo
Wil said…
wow, you've met quite a number of bloggers. It's always nice to meet fellow bloggers who share common interests. :D
Yen Prieto said…
wow ate. i enjoyed reading ur post. ive met a lot of people na din through blogging. i still keep in contact with them until now. I even met one blogger in boracay. nagkataon kasi na papunta dn sya sa island the same date na dating namin so dun kami nag eb. and she was alone so we were together for 4 days. i make it a point na i meet my friends online everytime im in manila.

sana ako naman next mong i-EB.. sayang lang kasi ang layo nio from paris diba?! sa May sana pag natuloy ako. ;-)
Anonymous said…
I guess we really have to thank C&S for introducing us to each other. So funny naman na you and I got our licenses nung di na tayo magkapitbahay... sayang ano, then we could have met up more often and wouldn't have been at the mercy of the metros and buses. Anyway, glad you started blogging, 'cause the www wouldn't be the same without you :)
Anonymous said…
What a great story. Nakakainggit naman , gusto ko tuloy din pumunta ryan so we can EB. It is indeed very nice to meet such wonderful people.
Analyse said…
famous ka dyan, lol. and hey, sorry for pressuring you about laurent's delicate palate.. pag napunta kayo ng dijon, babawi kami.. i mean, sya hehehe.. you know, he's the cook at home. don't know tho when will be next time we'll visit the south, the family's getting bigger... and i remember you and laurent chatting while i was in the clinic, akala nya ikaw yung sis ko.. giraldi and geraldine.. parang ang layo yata lol..
Anonymous said…
Nice stories of friendships gained through blogging. :) And you'd think that Mayumi is such a unique name and there you meet another Mayumi. :)
Sidney said…
Nice you were able to meet all those bloggers.
Looks like fun meetings!
haze said…
PINING that would be nice if I could meet you up in England, thanks for the invite !

JOANNE hoping to really meet you before we leave for Pinas !

FRANCESCA dali come to Marseille na para ma meet namin kayo :D!

TOE I would love to welcome and tour you in Marseille ;) !
haze said…
BABETTE naku sayang if you could only visit Strasbourg no, anyway there's always next time :D ! Malay mo kami pumunta dyan!

DHANGGIT the pleasure is mine! We'll wait for Makis to have another EB with the Mayumis! Sorry I thought Mayumi's 9 mos. already will change it.

GERI I never thought meeting them bloggers like this, considering there are few Filipino here compared in your place. I am glad about the meeting!

WIL in fact that is the exciting part of blogging !
haze said…
YEN so you how exciting blogging is! Anyway, sana you can pass by Marseille no !

KALA exactly, thanks to C & S! Wow, I think www will not be the same without the experts like you who encourages us to blog!

LEAH wonderful bloggers indeed! Sana nga makapasyal kayo dito one day!

ANALYSE don't worry about that I should really take an effort rin to cook, baka mamaya hindi mo nga ako i-EB LOL ! So next time, just call me guys if you will be around together with the addition to the family (boy or girl?)
haze said…
NICEHEART gaining friends thru blogging is exciting ! Great coincidence, two Mayumis from the South of France, lovely aren't they?!


SIDNEY fun fun fun & interesting meetings ! Did you had an EB too ?