Convalescence

Winter vacation is likely strenuous even if I am not skiing but a lot of activities are really enticing. My last 3 days were spent in learning how to snowboard all by myself. I am determined even it will cause me falling. And YES I looked ridiculous beside the surf board and small children who looks professional skier themselves. Speeding up and down, taking aerial lift, ski tow etcetera and me trying to convince myself that I will succeed. Snowboarding is not easy and I should have taken lessons Honey insisted but I personally taken it for granted. Learning just all by myself is not adequate. Next time for sure taking course is indispensable. Though, I am proud to say that I went as far as 150 to 200 meters not bad for a beginner…take note from an ascending point!

I thought I was just exhausted from our vacation in the Alps. Since my body is weak caused by snowboarding it is much more vulnerable to viruses. Tssk..tsssk. Aside from the plague roaming around the region Gastro, Rhinopharyngitis, Angina, and Bronchitis I was infected by grippe known as Flu or Influenza a transmittable virus which causes high fever, severe headache, muscle pain, vomiting, coughing, weakness and all the general body distress. BULLS EYE! I had this image of Influenza being a normal cough and colds but it is more than that. I have this extremely body pains I never had before. I thought I was paralysed for a moment. After a week of sickness I feel a little better. Though I am into recovery mode I am not completely 100% restored to health. Because Influenza drove me to a nightmare we plan to really get the vaccine next year. Furthermore, yesterday I went to our doctor and was recommended to have a blood assessment and to have Radiology analyse. I am into all these and I hope that all the tests will lead to satisfying results.

I have been missing out a lot on blog hopping these days but without you knowing I am visiting you guys from time to time. I just don’t leave comments just for the time being. Hope that I can come back soon. Again take extra careful and stay healthy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome back!

Btw, your PMN article has already been posted....
Anonymous said…
Like you, I thought having the flu was just slightly worse than the common cold. From your experience though, it sounds pretty painful. I'm glad to hear your recovery is coming along nicely.

Oh, I followed your advice on this blogging thing. Xav told me to do it before but I was still too chicken. So thanks Haze for the final 'push'. Now, I've got one of my own:)
Wil said…
snowboarding sounds like fun. I've tried skiing but never became a regular skier.

I didn't know influenza did all those things. Hope you feel better.
Wil said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toe said…
Wow, snowboarding. It sure sounds fun Haze! And it's probably more fun because you tried to learn it by yourself. :) Hope you feel better soon. :)
Sidney said…
I hope you feel better now!
I hate Winter and don't miss the cold European weather!
Take care and get well soon !
Francesca said…
di bale wala ka comments, I know youve been visiting all of us.
Pagaling ka, thts all it matters.
Im sure, worried din si mimi et baste.
Babette said…
Hello Haze, I hope you feel better soon. I applaud you for taking up snowboarding. I tried skiing but was too chicken to go down the mountain. I'm only good on the bunny hill (for children). LOL We will be visiting the Alps as part of our summer Europe tour this year. I've seen photos but I'm sure it will be more breathtaking to see it in person.
Anonymous said…
hi, jst passing by...fr analyse hide-away---

trangkaso lng yn sa atin. pareho rin signs & symptomns d b? :)

btw, if you're still young, you don't need those flu vaccines. besides the vaccine will only immunize you from certain strain of the flu virus, andami kaya nila. :)

it's only recommended for the elderly & dun sa mga mahina ang immune system.

just exercise, healthy diet, good night sleep/rest and at lst 8 glasses of h2O, i'm sure di ka tatablan ng flu next winter time :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Haze, just dropping by to see if you've recovered. Get well soon...

Definitely Maybe!
Not Another Blog...
haze said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
haze said…
MITCH thanks, yes finally I saw it!

JOANNE yes it was difficult co'z when abroad it's always a "do it myself" process. Blog on !

WIL sure it's really fun, try it sometime since you are into surfing :D! Yes flu can be terrible.

SIDNEY thanks I feel better. I start to hate winter :( ! Enjoy the weather there :D !

FRANCESCA oo pasilip silip! Good thing my kids are in good health.

BABETTE yes I feel great now, thanks! Yes, I could be good at that small slopes too! Sayang, if you could pass by Marseille an EB will be really great !

GERI exactly good thing that kids were cooperative. Yes, you should try it it's exciting !

MITSURU I am glad of your visit, thanks a lot! Naku para sa akin hindi ko nila "lang" hirap kasi magkasakit dito. I have to do everything by myself when husband is at work. I am not that young LOL but I was just really vulnerable at that time the reason why I got the virus.

Those are great tips I just hope I will not encounter INFLUENZA next year!

BABETTE everything is fine, thanks to you and everyone for the kinds messages! Eto nakakapag blog na ulit :D !
CLC Fashion said…
hi haze! sorry to hear nagkasakit ka and glad you feel better na.
thanks pala for dropping by. Happy Easter!
raqgold said…
are you better na? grabe nga e, after the heat of manila e we were greeted by snow. the kids wanted to go back to pinas talaga, ako din, waaa :)
Anonymous said…
I haven't tried snowboarding or skiing for that matter, sounds like a lot of fun though! Well done you for managing 200 meters :-)
At the moment I'm also nursing my cold...oh yeah... I wish I was back in the Philippines too...
Christianne said…
Glad you're better already, I had the same experience and swore we would get the flu shot next year! I'm still on antibiotics due to the infection turning into sinusitus, ugh.
haze said…
LUCILLE thanks and I feel better! Hirap talaga magkasakit.

RAGGOLD even better! Oh no, I just hope you the family will not get sick. From heat to cold is the worst feeling, I guess! Take care.

PINING it was really exciting, try it sometime! I think people who are sick during winter season is a normal thing, kaya sarap sa mga tropical country madalang magkasipon, yung nga lang malamok naman, yay! Hope you will feel better.

CHRISTIANNE unfortunately it turned out to be sinusitis too! I need to bring all the results to my doctor and have a treatment. Hoping that our sinus will go away soon! Keep warm.