Tag # 1 : Recent Movie the Family Enjoyed

It's been a long time I was not tag so now I am doing this with pleasure. This tag came from our Supermom about the latest movie we saw and enjoyed. Likewise Analyse, we have been introducing English films to our kids since last year. We were thinking though they will not understand the whole movie as we always believed hearing is learning. We have the famous collections of DVD's like, Ice Age 1 and 2, Shrek 1 & 2, Madagascar, Spiderman 1,2 & 3, Dora, Stitch, Bambi, Nemo, The Incredibles, CARS, Mickey Mouse, Tracteur Tom etc. etc. Last weekend I bought a DVD of Ratatouille and this was the last movie we saw and was truly a one of a kind animation film. I will not tell you about the film, I don't want to spoil your day. Should be a surprise then you will be more encourage to watch this movie !


As for the kids it's really a must to finish the film they are watching before switching to another DVD. They would always ask me to put the original version and I am indeed happy because they learn very fast. They register words and even phrases like sponge, aren't these children impressive! Forget about the accent ! I recommend you to watch Ratatouille and you will not regret seeing this animation.

But of course they incessantly watch Dora the Explorer as an educational cartoon series. No need further explanation how this cartoons series works. Almost everyone can recognise Dora as cartoon character who speaks other languages too. They would even love to have Diego DVD (we doesn't have it yet). Now Spiderman is also on top of the list but they watch this film with our present and guidance. To explain them some scenes and make them understand that it's only a fiction. It's it is necessary to guide them when watching delicate movies like this. I will tell you an anecdote of Basti. One time his teacher called at 2:30 in the afternoon & telling that my son was bitten by an insect while playing that he's got swelling right hand. The teacher asked me if I wanted to pick him up prior to the time of the school out. I then, went immediately as I was worried what he has. I picked him up from the Director's office and thank them for calling me. While on the way, I looked at his right hand and asked him.....(conversing in French)

Me : What did you do ? What happened to your hand ?

Basti : I was playing and suddenly a spider bit me!

Me : Playing with what ?

Basti : I was playing under the tree.

Me : Are you sure it was a spider ?

Basti : Ben, yes Maman and after I will become Spiderman ! You see Spiderman was also bitten right ? Then I will have a power like him and become a hero !

What an imagination ! Ah kids .....thanks for the tag Ana !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you thank you thank you! My youngest (7) is having her birthday party next week and among others, I wanted to buy a dvd for the kids to watch while us moms could talk a bit :) Thanks to your recommendation, now I know what to get!
Anonymous said…
Xav and I looove Ratatouille (Pixar Studios is just a couple of miles from where we live, wish I could work there...) Forget the little kids, it's great for big kids too:)
vernaloo said…
I was 26 when I watched Ratatouille and I loved it so how much more in the case of little kids hehe
Wil said…
I've only seen Ice Age 1, Shrek 1 and Spiderman 1 and 2. Heard great things about Ratatouille but haven't seen it yet. Had the chance to see it on the plane but watched Bourne Ultimatum instead. hehe. Maybe someday I'll watch Ratatouille.
mitch said…
hi,
i got your blog from ate amy. i don't have any children but i have neighbors age 3 and 2 and i have babysitted them several times and they always ask for ratatouille and shrek 3 i guess i saw both movies at least 5 times hahaha
raqgold said…
hahaha, am gonna watch out for spiderman, too. alam mo, kids learn fast when it comes to languages talaga.
Yen Prieto said…
daming dvds.. most of the kids i know like to be spiderman, even the girls like him. mas ype ata nila ung may sapot2 kasi kay superman hehe.,

btw ate, whats ur email add? may questions po kasi ako sayo abt france, if ure not busy heres my email add yen.prieto@gmail.com

thanks
haze said…
I am glad to be of help DOM POZNAN and thank you very much for the visit! Enjoy your chit-chatting with your friends and you will see you will not regret watching it! Have fun.

I am sure Xav will love it JOANNE and he's surely proud of the French cuisine, the best in the world! WOW Pixar, love to see the studio in person !

Right VERNS it's not only for children but for us young at heart too !

You should see the movie WIL! What I liked most was the Chef Gusteau message : Tout le monde peut cuisiner I think the message was intended for me :D !
haze said…
Hi there MITCH I am sure that you have enjoyed them ! I'm not exaggerating but i've seen them more than 10x !!! KIDS...they don't get bored. I appreciate your visit, thanks :D !

I agree RAGGOLD ! In fact I have a Filipina friend who is also married to a German. Guess what ? Their kids are trilingual :D ! They speak French, German and English, pati ako natututo mag German LOL! My friend hopes they will learn Tagalog too soon !

Hay naku YEN worth collecting kasi pati kami enjoy sa mga animated films na to! I've sent you an e-mail this morning :D, you can ask me anything basta ba kaya kong sagutin. Otherwise will ask my Frenchoney ;) !
Peko-peko said…
i havent seen ratataouille yet but your right up makes me crave to see it in video!! :-)
Anonymous said…
LOL! Basti sure knows how to deliver a killer punch line Haze!

I think I may be a little on the childish side coz I like all those movies you mentioned hehe... How does Dora work? Does she speak in French and Spanish, or is it in English and Spanish? Maybe it depends on what country you're in?

Have a great weekend Haze :)
haze said…
You should it's an educational cartoon GERI !

Its funny PEKO-PEKO and you will enjoy this as you love cuisine :D!

Aren't kids amazing ? That's how innocent mind surprise us. There is always an Original English Version and yes it depends on the country where you live but she always speaks a little bit of Spanish there. It's practical you could choose languages. Have a nice weekend too ANGELO :D !
Toe said…
Ratatouille was the last movie I watched too.. last Christmas eve. :) Ang cute talaga ni Basti. :)
Anonymous said…
sabi ko na nga ba at nasa marseille si spiderman e hahaha! that was so funny!

i haven't watched spiderman with Louna, tho I think she's familiar with him because of the Nannou's son.. she recognizes spiderman kasi anywhere e... but i've got another problem, dapat si maman ang bantayan, i'm inloved with spiderman kasi, no kidding!

Analyse
haze said…
Wasn't it a good one TOE ! Linguinni is like me, walang alam sa kusina :D! Thanks.

So I have a hero beside me ANALYSE ! You should watch it even Mimi likes to watch Spiderman and she immitates MJ singing "It's Wonderful" ! Oi, cute talaga si Tobey Maguire, agree !