I feel good !

The last time it was the renovation of our bathroom now it's the kitchen. Since I could not access to my kitchen my children eat at the school canteen. Normally, everday I bring them at 9AM and pick them up before 11:30 for lunch and bring Sébastien back before 1:30 PM Mayumi stays with me. Since the kitchen is under renovation I will pick them up by 4:30 PM. In this case, I have 7 and 1/2 hours all by myself....to kill the time. Of course, even if we have the renovation I still do the chores, chat and blog.

This is my old kitchen. If you will notice the black on the ceiling it was my fault. I almost burn down the kitchen :( but it's not the reason of renovation but because when we bought the apartment it's already the kitchen. We just wanted to change this old kitchen.

It's true that becoming a mother has a lot of responsibilities and things to prioritize. But on the other hand, responsibilities should not hinder us the need to go out and unwind without the children. It is not being self centered or irresponsible but a mother should not neglect his personal needs and desires. A mother needs a space to blossom too. As my frenchhoney repeatedly tells me everytime that I did not get married just to take care and attend to their needs.....that I should THINK and LIVE for myself too! That I should go out and enjoy the life without thinking what to cook, the mess to clean, the things to oversee at home etc. I maybe have the style of the women during the 21st century but it was my choice. I answered him that I have all the time to do that and that I will always have the chance to go out and have fun. Anyways, we do go out from time to time but he told me again "It's different if you could go out alone or with friends around" !

Now the moment came....Just like the last time, I went out with my vietnamese friend whom I met from my driving school. We easily became friends. She's very nice and because we have things in common, we are both asian and both married to frenchies. We could talk everything without borders for the reason of culture similarities. After that getaway, I reflected what my frenchhoney told me about going out alone or with friends and he is completely right! When I went out with my girlfriend, I couldn't explain the sensation I had. I feel new ! It was like I am an adolescent who went out without thinking of the curfew, that I need to go back or else my parents will scold me. Or a dove in a wedding that has been freed by the newly married and didn't care to fly back. So that's for me, being a mother we should not be a prisoner of our responsibilities. I think it's always a matter of time management and organization so as not to neglect things that are important for myself.

Picture was taken inside the metro on the way going at where we parked our car

I also had the chance to take pictures before meeting up with my vietnamese friend. I took the pictures of inside-metro nothing special !


And since it's Rugby's Championship League they made this structured garden in the turn around of Rond Point du Prado 8th District of Marseille. Cool !



Well, I did enjoy the small escapade. I think I should do it not more often anyway, kids are at school. I should take the advantage of my free time only for myself when kids are at school and let alone the mess ??? LOL Honestly speaking, I really feel good and I am happy to have found a little part of my old self because I've almost failed to heed on my personal needs.

Comments

Yen Prieto said…
i agree with u ate. u know i have friend who got married at a young age, as in 19 yrs old so it's like she's missing out a lot in life. it's good though that she has an understanding husband who gives her the freedom to spend time with us, her girlfriends. last night, we had a girls night out. she was so excited. feeling nia daw dalaga uli siya haha. i think it is really impt to have our alone time once in a while or at least spend time with someone who isnt ur better half.
Anonymous said…
my husband and i discussed about that too..even if we are married we both agreed to have our own time (lakwatsera kasi ako more than him, minsan nga ako pa ang nagtutulak sa kanya to go out..)...kaya nga we both miss so much our life when we used to live in japan...sarap ng party life dun...dito sa provence tahimik..but sometimes when my german girlfriend visits me here we go out one week in Antibes, Monaco to paint the town red..hehehe dont forget our date...Ganda na siguro ng kitchen mo no??? bisous
Anonymous said…
Oh, good for you Haze! It sure is nice to go out on girls' day. :) Your husband is really a nice person for encouraging you to do that. You're lucky... new kitchen, a very nice and preetty Vietnamese friend, and a really good lunch!
vernaloo said…
I do agree with your hubby Haze and glad you made the move. Of course its not being selfish. If you don't give time for yourself, that is what you call being selfish. True...you just need to manage your time very well.

Glad you had a blast :)
rmacapobre said…
l'oeuvre d'art est-elle comme africain?

gusto ko sa bathroom yung may espasyo tapos may malaking salamin.
Wil said…
the kitchen ceiling is pretty black. I assume the smoke detectors went off like crazy. I'm OC when it comes to turning off the stove. I always check to make sure it's off before i leave the kitchen or the condo. And the bushes shaped into rugby players looks cute. REminds me of Edward Scissorhand. hehe

Bon weekend, Haze! :D
Francesca said…
Haze,it is called: widening out.Masarap ang feeling, and you can REALLY DISCUSS!!!

The world do not stop rolling for us moms bcause we have kids??? and husbands????

Ba, take care of yourselves, go out often, basta okey lang mga anakis at asawa.
detox baga.

SUnod na gala , saaN?
Anonymous said…
You have a supportive husband Haze, good for you. So take your time and enjoy life. You'll find that you dont really have that much time to do it all.

Good luck in your reno. Cant wait for the "after" photos.
Anonymous said…
it's good to let your mind be free once in a while. your husband is very kind. kudos!
Apol said…
Hi, Haze! Your husband is wise. My mom would tell us, her four kids, the same things when we were growing up. I remember one time she said, "If you don't take care of yourself, how can you take care of other people?" Hey, we should organize an all-girls hike around Marseille!
Anonymous said…
I got your message dear. I was really upset with the recent incident of bombing in makati...its ok for me to change our sked of EB i'll buzz you on monday morning to confirm which date it would be ok for me..have nice sunday..bisous
Cherublu said…
Gotta have your 'me' time each day (be it 30 min or 3 hours) or you'll go insane.

I would love to see some before/after shots of your reno.
Anonymous said…
Indeed, it's nice to go out with girlfriends, they make you feel alive and important!
I'd love a new kitchen...
Anonymous said…
Hi FRIENDS thank you for all your comments. I am afraid that I will be on hiatus period longer than expected ! The house is in total mess ! I don't know where to put our things or even use the toilet :( co'z it under renovation too !

I will be back as soon as the renovation is done!
Raquel said…
Glad your husband is very supportive, Haze. I don't know how long the kitchen renovation though. But eating out with children is very inconvenient for you, I guess.

I do agree with you, we should unwind ourselves with friends. Sabi nga ni hubby, I should go out once in a while daw kase parati ko na syang binabangga, ha-ha, mainitin daw ulo ko.
Makis said…
Hi Haze! so is the kitchen done yet? I'm not yet a mother but you can give time for yourself & still be a great mother :)
Anonymous said…
Being yourself and treating yourself, i.e. going out alone or with friends is something you need from time to time. In many cultures, especially Filipino culture, being married with kids and going out alone or with friends is a taboo. It’s just not done. Philippine culture tells us that we should be selfless; family, husband, and children first. Well I think many Filipinos overdo this as guilt is a strong sentiment in the society where we grew up.

It’s always good to have a partner who encourages your own growth and individuality. Many European men are like this, I noticed, which for me is a very important factor in a man – a man who is secure in his relationship and who treats the woman as his equal partner, not some lowly meek being who needed guidance and chaperone every time.

I truly believe freedom in a relationship is the key to its success. So there, enjoy it! ;-)

-DP
Anonymous said…
Eversince he was been very supportive and i'm touched about it RAQUEL! OO dapat talaga we need to be freed ourselves to avoid stressing out din ;) !

Kitchen is almost done ! Exactly MAKIS we could do and be both ;)!

You have said it all DP! We became such because we live in a society that is far more realistic. Being far away from home I've learn to be more independent and open to everything. I am thankful to my husband because of his being supportive and understanding of my needs.