moving forward....

June has been a busy month for me. I had two interviews the first one with Alinéa as a Service Quality Assistant. By the way, it was my second interview with them ! I've posted my first interview with the same enterprise and unfortunately didn't get the job because they needed someone who speaks Chinese ! This time was not a success either!

Job description : To work within the service Quality and Design, you intervene in the chain of provisioning of our products importation (Asia zone). You ensure the organization and the follow-up of the good course of the quality controls realized in our suppliers by our offices of control. You are in load of the planning of these controls, of the follow-up of the costs, alert on nonconformities, take part in the life of the products of the sign while intervening in the drafting and the update of technical documents. Coordinator of this activity, you work with the offices of control, Alinéa suppliers and central merchandisings. You maintain a relation privileged with our stores of which you collect information on the quality of the products and the SAV (Service Après Vente). Imperatively english speaking.

After two weeks of waiting I finally got the result. My friend who happened to be the HR personnel told me that my candidature was not retained ! She further explained that they have appreciated my personality and everything that follows. Their only worry is that I may not probably be able to express and understand certain technicalities in French. She also added that I speak very well but they would need someone who will be able to have an advance knowledge in terms of French business dealing. It doesn't mean that I am not competent to accomplish the tasks.
I understood perfectly her reasons but I was just contemplating on why do they exige that one must speak english as one of their qualifications while there are not so many people who speak the english language (very limited) ! They speak more of European Languages (Italian, Spanish, German). I still believe that France shows a lack of open mindedness when it comes to integration ! Small chances to get integrated in a working environment. Don't you agree that I also need to receive an equal opportunity, treatment and consideration ?

Second interview I had was with
Travelex ! It is a foreign exchange and money transfer company. Still waiting for the result on September. I will tell you more about it as soon as I have news from them. At present Travelex has an office in Marseille and they will soon open an extension office because of an abrupt client demands.

Enough for job searching. I still have more time to do it, the most ideal would be on September. What was more essential was keeping myself busy preparing for Mayumi's Baptism which was held last July 1st. I have made personalized invitations, souvenirs with dragées (coated candies, a typical souvenir in France in all sorts of occassions). Second, I needed to prepare our stuffs for a 3 week vacation in Corsica not to forget things that are very important. Third, we have received my son's school card and we are ecstatically happy for a job well done. Admitted to higher level this school year 2007-2008. Fourth, I needed to be present most of the time for my children and attend to their everyday needs. I have so many things to do....to be grateful with....that I get oblivious of the mounting pressures, the fatigue, and difficulties I undergone during job searching !

The reasons why I am inactive lately in the blogsphere ! June is quite a challenging month and anyhow difficult to digest but now I am back and July is more interesting and fun !

Comments

Makis said…
You're really busy especially with the kids on vacation - pati na rin si Bernard! Wish you all the best on your job hunting soon! Kita kita tayo soon :)
Francesca said…
i always think, when someone is inactive in blogging, becuase there's something good that keep them busy, meaning, its money coming...

Haze, tak a work that you really love doing. And with a good pay.

France has a lot of offers, just keep sending cv, as i agree, not many speaks english in France, and thats an advantage!
kala said…
Don't get me started on those job offers and job interviews --- I have too many painful memories on the subject! ;-) But keep your head above the water, your dream job is just around the corner. Am crossing my fingers for the Travelex results.
Analyse said…
i hope you'll get that travelex job.. hay naku haze, kainis di ba, how could you integrate yourself if they don't give you equal opportunity di ba... i had loads of refuse letters din when i was searching for my OJT .. but i've heard that job market starts to activate lately, so i hope you'll get more opportunities..
Anonymous said…
You've been a very busy woman, haze. Goodluck on the job search. I'm sure you'll eventually find one. You sound like one persistent person naman, a quality that's really needed in job searching.

Three week vacation ba? Parang ang sarap nyan ha? Well, you guys have fun! :)
Anonymous said…
Kids are taking all my energy but it's worth speding time with them. Anyway, I will have time for myself this year co'z they'll both going to school...on the other hand it bothers me! I remember when Basti went to school for the first time...I hate the separation, now it's Mimi's turn ! Thank you MAKIS and will visit you Friday !

Being inactive sometimes means busy-ness FRANCESCA! I still have more time to search for a job but if I could find a part time job would be perfect !

I know exactly what you mean KALA ! But I really admire you for being one of the top 3 of all the 150 candidates not to mention the panel interview you've experienced huhhhh! Hats off ! Thanks and I am really impatient to know the result !

I hope so too ANALYSE! You're really lucky to have your job in France co'z they give very rare opportunities to strangers! But if in case I couldn't find one I will maybe do some formation first...it will be a big help to be integrated in a working environment :) !

Oh yes NICEHEART we mothers are always busy but we also have the time to relax naman :)! It's just a matter of time management di ba, eto nga't nasisingit ko pa ang blogging ;) ! Thanks a kot ! Since my daughter will go to school together with her brother I prefer to work part time just to have an activity also co'z if I stay at home I am sure after doing all the chores it will bore me ! Working will permit me to learn and develop my french speaking skills :)!
Anonymous said…
Francesca is correct. If someone is resting from blogging, it usually means that something good is going on with his or her life. Congratulations to your soon for a job well done in school and for Mayumi's baptism! :) Have a wonderful time in Corsica Haze! :) Vacation for 3 weeks? Cool! :)
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the greeting , TOE ! Kaya nga I don't mind if I wasn't hired by the company co'z I have so many things to consider di ba! Life is always full of surprises talaga kaya I'm waiting for the right time ;)!