this drives me crazy!


Have you heard about AIBO ? Pronounced as eye-bow meaning "companion" in Japanese word. This is a designed artificial intelligent robot created by Sony and serves as an entertainment dog. A real pet in Japan. Japanese promotes AIBO as having the capability to interact with its human owner in many of the same ways a living pet would - without the high maintenance. The old model of AIBO resembled a dog. The second version is designed after a lion cub. The basic AIBO model costs in the United States for $1,500. The luxurious construction, which comes with a charging station, carrying bag, extra batteries and additional software package costs for $2,800. If you are rich and you don't know how to spend your money wisely you can choose the MODEL that suites your taste ! I have nothing against new inventions and high technology as long as it is very useful. If someday I would like to have pets at home , I would still go for the REAL ONE !

Comments

Anonymous said…
that thing isn't for me. like you, i'd rather opt for a real one.. dami ngang inventions na ganyan.. last christmas, they commercialized a talking and singing doll and you could even register your own voice to say goodnight to your baby.. nah! are we going to a total isolation? no human/nature contact at all?
Yen Prieto said…
it;s not for me either, i dont even want a real pet, moreso a toy hehe. i cant even take care of myself, dagdag pa yan hehe.
CLC Fashion said…
hahha! ako rin i prefer the real one (ayaw ko sa dog, pusa gusto ko!) :-)

thanks pala haze for the bday wishes. take care.
Francesca said…
Yoko rin nyan, kasi dali ako mag sawa. kay chico pa rin ako, live cat talaga, althou gusto ko sakalin sa gigil hehe. he is the only one that cheers me up sa work when pagod ako, haha.
This so good invention but after that pag sasa waan din. sa mga pinoy, waste of money yan. Sa mga rich, they dont care...
Anonymous said…
Oh, the Japanese would invent a robot husband or wife if they could... hahaha! :) But of course, kailangan pata sa'tin, only the real thing would do. :)
Anonymous said…
Look at how far technology has gone, ano. Even a pet can be replaced by a robot. I was gonna say what Toe just said, that there might come a time when they'd also invent a robot companion. :) And like you, I'd still go for the real thing.
Anonymous said…
an AIBO is too cold, i'd rather have a real pet. what can this toy do to me, it could not even excite me.

anyway, them japanese have the money to spend.
Anonymous said…
I am glad that everyone definitely agrees with me ;)! TOE I just hope that they would not go indulge on "inventing a robot wife & husband" if that will be the case, nakakalungkot !