better days

Good question Leah! What made my day? There are a lot of things to be said but this one is so special for me as a mother so I am really proud to share this to everyone which is something memorable and cute.





My son just assembled the puzzles by himself. There are 4 types of Jip & Janneke puzzle. The first one (start looking on your upper right corner) has 4 pieces, second one has 6 pieces, the third puzzle has 9 pieces and the last one is the most complicated it has 16 pieces. Not bad for a 4 year old kid, right ! At first, he was hesitant to do it alone but I just look at him and said "Tu sais très bien assembler le puzzle tout seul. Tu vas y arriver !" (You know very well to assemble the puzzle alone. I know you can make it !). I guess it is just a matter of having confidence in them even it is for small things! While growing up they merit and develop self-confidence which starts at home.

This one is so cute and funny! If we talk about art, I am maybe the worse person that ever existed on earth ! In short, I am null ! Otherwise, I know how to appreciate good art. In fact, it is one of my frustrations....to be an artist! Boy, I really admire the artists like my brother who is really a born artist and Kala! Sigh.....anyway, we can't have everything don't we!


So what do you think friends ? Is it like mother like son thing ?! LOL It was funny because while he did this, we had a funny conversation !

Basti : Je vais dessiner Papa avec des lunettes. (I am going to draw Papa with sunglasses.)

Me : Ben oui, tu peux le faire! (Yes, can do that! )

Basti : Et toi, Maman ? Tu n'est pas en colere ici, hah ! ( And you Mama ? You're not angry here, hah !)

Me : Pourquoi je serai? Non, je ne le suis pas! (Why will I be? No, I am not !) It is maybe because they always see me getting angry everytime they make silly things ! hehehe

Basti : Ca c'est moi, je suis beau ! (And this is me, I am handsome !) Now he's being confident !

Me : Bien sûr, tu es très beau mon fils ! ( Of course, you are handsome my son!)

Basti : Et Mimi, c'est ça. Elle est belle mais elle est petite encore ! (And Mimi, there she is. She is pretty but she is still small. )

Me : Tu crois elle est belle ? (You think she's beautiful ?)

Basti : Ben oui ! ( Oh yes! )

I am keeping his drawing and even scanned it ! Later on I have many things to show him and tell stories how he was in his younger years. Worth keeping and worth blogging !

Comments

Makis said…
I can imagine how proud you can be of Basti! I guess kids learn faster with a mom's full support & attention :) Bravo Basti!
Anonymous said…
Salut Haze! Quel artiste, bon job Basti! Seriouslsy Haze, Basti's family portrait is better than some of the stuff that passes as art at the art gallery of ontario hehe ;) Keep it up to the both of you :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, this made my day too Haze! Isn't blogging amazing? You could record the things that you want to tell your children someday. :) That was such a lovely conversation with Basti. Hey, galing mo na mag-French ha. Tres bien! (That's all I know... hehehe!)
Anonymous said…
Mabuti pa si Toe, marunong mag-tres bien. :) What does it mean?

Their works are precious, aren't they haze. Ako rin, I keep their drawings and journals from school in binders. Dumadami na nga at sumisikip na rin dito sa bahay. :)

You have a very handsome boy and he knows it. :)
haze said…
MAKIS : Thanks Makis ! I've never been proud of myself until I became a Mom... it's inexplicable! But one thing is for sure I will keep believing in them !

ANGELO : Salut Angelo! J'en suis sûre il progressera en dessin :) ! Thanks Angelo, I can call this a priceless family portrait !

TOE : I am happy to share the joy I feel with you TOE :)! Since he went to school I've been keeping the things he did that way I can see his progression in every aspect! I know that he will be very proud of himself too and will persevere more without rushing on things! About speaking French, well I can manage but I don't speak perfect French. I still have many many things to learn !

NICEHEART : Hehehe so you should learn too, if you want I can teach you basic lesson ;) ! Très bien means very well ! I agree, those are really of great value! SO you keep them too, hehehe I think we really need to buy a lot lot of drawers and cabinets for that! It's our greatest affluence in life !

Thanks he is, nag mana sa ama :) !
Anonymous said…
wohoo, i almost laughed loud (alone in the office, shhh) when i read basti's comment while drawing your portrait. so that's his innocent perception of you.. si louna kaya? ano tingin sa kin hehe.
Leah said…
Galing naman. It is a good exercise to do puzzles. So undo and redo, before you know it, he'll be advancing to 20 or 50 piece puzzles.

Our kids art works are priceless, so go on, keep blogging about them. Which reminds me, I have quite a few to blog about as well.

You Basti is smart and a budding artist.
Yen Prieto said…
u should really be proud of your son, he is a very smart kid. you are a lucky mom ;)

di ka nag iisa ate, im also very bad when it comes to art. i cant even draw a stick people na maayos. sometimes i think kung ano ba tlaga ang talent ko. cant sing, cant dance, cant act, cant draw... if theres such thing as "talentless" ako ata yun hehehe.
Anonymous said…
ANALYSE : O di ba! Was laughing too...I hope that innocent perception of me would change, o siguro dapat wag ako magalit pag may bêtises sila hehehe! Cool lang dapat ! Wait 'til Louna knows how to draw ;) !

LEAH : Thanks Leah ! Yes practice makes perfect nga naman! I can see his progress everyday without forcing him to do things! I just let his creativity & imagination works.

YEN : I have always been proud of my children and yes lucky me!

Naku dapat bonding pala tayo hehhe pero marunong naman ako sumayaw! Kidding aside, I guess every person has a talent siguro hindi lang tayo aware! Every person is here with a purpose ika nga ! Have a nice day Yen !
Francesca said…
keep it for souvenier haze. When they are big, they will see how clever they are, and always bring back memories. Yung sa aking mga anak, di ko na tago and its a pity, waaah!
Anonymous said…
them young kids-sons and daughters of bloggers are very lucky. they have a lot of things to look back, particularly their growing years. they would also have an idea of what was in their moms' hearts. lucky Basti! and he is very talented, ha?
Anonymous said…
FRANCESCA : Oh yes, I am keeping them ;)! It's always good to reminsce things when we grow old! Di bale, you have their photos naman when they were young ! One thing you just can see on & on !

SEXY MOM : Indeed! Having souvenirs of their youth is just amazing! I guess almost every parents are lucky too, to have such wondeful talented, loving and funny children :)! You have beautiful & intelligent children too Tita ;) !
Sidney said…
Cute boy!
You should indeed keep his drawings. You will see interesting changes in his drawings when he get older.
Notice nobody got arms & hands.