september brides

June has always been a traditional month of wedding celebration we oftenly call them June Bride "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" as the saying goes. While in most European countries like in France month of September is I guess, most people get married (I got married too in September) it's because it's the end of summer and start of autumn season which and people are back from a long vacations (month of july & august people are off for holidays) . This time of the month, I have noticed that hotels & resturants, halls or any kind or receptions are fully booked. In fact, the wedding of my hubby's cousin should have been lieu earlier but the golf hall was inaccessible therefore they needed to move the wedding date.

Two consecutive weekends were consecrated for a wedding celebrations one in Paris (Francofil wedding) and in Pays Basque (the bride is the cousin of my husband). After bringing Sébastien to school Mayumi and I were accompanied by frenchhubby to the train station heading off for Paris Friday morning. Unfortunately, hubby couldn't come reserving his vacation for cousin's wedding in Pays Basque. We took the TGV (train à grande vitesse) it is always magical to travel with high speed train....3 hours then we're in Paris ! Oh mind you, I experienced riding the normal of 6 hours travel going to Paris, it wasn't bad at all just perfect to see and enjoy the beauty of nature. While thinking of what would be my life to start my own family, be independent because I don't have anyone here (family or relatives), and to be integrated in a foreign land.



During our travel I was thankful that my Mayumi was incredibly behaved and didn't cause me any trouble. I guess she enjoyed the scenery and was impressed by the high speed train. It was very funny because there was a family with their son (around 16-18 yrs.old) and he was busy texting. Mayumi of course heard the sound of the celllular phone. I knew that it caught my daughter's attention, and suddenly Mayumi imitating the sound of the cellphone and said ("tutututtutot halooo and putting her right hand on her right ear of course"). Mother was laughing and told his son who was then concentrated sending messages....they were obviously laughing while Mayumi continued doing her thing. And sssshhhhh.....she kept saying utot whenever she farts....buti na lang di sila nakakaintindi ng tagalog....LOL!

Arriving Paris at Gare de Lyon we were welcomed by the humble couple Ate Pat and Claude with sister Jenni. Mayumi and I went with Claude at their beautiful house while Ate Pat and Jenni needed to go to pick up their cousin
Cleo from the Airport. Busy them! Thank you very much again for picking us from the train station inspite of busy schedules. Finally arrived at their residence!.... Delicious lunch was served and prepared by Ate Lou (bestfriend of Ate Pat). You are definitely a good chef ;) !

That night we had dinner together, we had so much fun while dining because of a non-stop exchange of funny stories. Late night, Jenni and Ate Lou prepared a surprise shower party for the couple it was just amazing and memorable moments for everyone especially for the couple. Before the party ended, I was called by Mayumi's cry so it's time for me to join my daughter and let her sleep while I sung a lullaby. Party was over, but the next day will be the Big Day and more grandiose! Wedding bells are ringing, cheers to a new happy life together !!!

I've always love to attend wedding ceremonies to witness the binding of two people in love, two hearts in the circle of a new vision of life together, starting a family and have kids after. I guess, everyone would agree with me. Marriage is sacred and we should keep it like that.

Oh I will interrupt this post. Need to continue the second part of the other wedding we have attended (cousin's wedding). I really need to watch Grey's Anatormy because it is their last season and I don't want to miss it. I will share some pictures the next time I am having problems downloading the photos.

To be continued............

P.S. Here are the pictures as promised !



Cool Slideshows

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like your daughter's name. My kids also like saying the word utot. :) Wedding season here is july and august naman. Because those are the summer months.
Makis said…
Mayumi really cracks me up! She can really be naughty & so sweet at the same time - a deadly combination! Really enjoyed the day yesterday with your family. Looking forward in doing it more often!
Anonymous said…
Like Niceheart, I also love Mayumi's name. :) And she is so cute... so pilya!
Anonymous said…
Niceheart & Toe, thanks actually it was my husband's envie to have a Filipino name for both children unfortunately sa lalaki wala kami magustuhan. So their names are also in french and filipino ;). Hubby feels he's a Filipino at heart hahaha !

Makis - Thanks to you too ma belle! We had fun especially after a nice promenade in Calanques! You're right, doing more often that would be amazing !
Anonymous said…
Utot! haha, cute naman ni Mimi.

June brides and September brides: June and September, c'est la rentrée for Phils and France right? a beginning! wow, didn't really notice that before. cute no.
Anonymous said…
Mayumi's a darling... she has your beautiful eyes, no?

Natawa ako don sa "utot" ha ha ha buti na lang di naintindihan nong mga travelmates ninyo.

Di pa ako nakasakay ng TGV... sana one of these days.

Seemed like you had a great time on both weddings. Don't forget to post some pictures. Like you, I love ot attend weddings too. Love to watch (with curiosity) the bride's and entourage's attire, the flowers, decorations, the cake, giveaways, everything! Nakakatuwa. :-)
Raquel said…
HI Haze, grabe 6 hours drive, kakainis yun kay Mayumi, good thing, she had fun with the sounds of cellphone. Grabe naman utot pa ang nasabi nya. Hay mga bata talaga nakakatuwa if they stating talking.

Everytime nasa wedding ceremony ako, talagang mapaluha ako, ewan, seguro sa music background, hehehe.

Ang cute pala ni Mayumi, I like the shape of her lips.
Anonymous said…
Analyse : O di ba Ana June & September ! A new beginning for the students a new life for those are getting married ! OO utot kahiya talaga si Mimi hahaha!

Joy : Hey musta na? Why not visit me in Marseille Joy then you will have the chance to experience riding the TGV ;). Kulit talaga yang si Mayumi pati nga si Spiderman at Kingkong ginagaya, naku mukhang boyish din sya! Actually her eyes if my hubby's ;)..O ayan ha may pahabol ako na pictures !

Raquel : OO Raquel before 6 hrs. buti na lang technology is changing then they discovered this high speed train or bullet train as they call in Japan...so di na ganon ka boring! Children when they start to express you cannot stop them talking and they can't lie too !
Anonymous said…
Mayumi is so pretty just like her name.

I love weddings too. It just reminds me of my own, di ba?

Thanks for the tagalog words, we can hide some of the nasty things we want to say without others understanding it. "Utot", my hubby knows that word well and so does my daughter.
Anonymous said…
oh, i can just imagine how fun it is riding in a high speed train. it must be very exciting! ang bait ni Mayumi, how i wish ganyan din kabait si Ninev pag siya ang nasa biyahe. at natawa ako sa utot ha, she can speak tagalog? that's impressive! =) maituro nga nyan kay ninev. hehe!

the bride is lovely and so are you Haze. saka ang cute din ni Mayumi on her white dress. flower girl ba siya?

happy weekend and kisses to the kids! =)
Analyse said…
uy, may pix. naks naman, as in nakagown ba si mimi? she looks lovely in white ha, angel ang dating.
Francesca said…
ganda ng bride, but, honestly, mas ningning ang byuti ni mayumi, sabi ni Lolo Michel, very pretty siya. Dapat yan may kasunod, ganda ng lahi mo haze! she looked like a demure lady ,prim and proper. Kanino mana?
Anonymous said…
Leah - Thanks Leah ! In fact it was my husband's idea to have a Filipino name ! Wedding yes I always cherish those unfrogettable moments. Hehe really do they speak tagalog too ?

Ligaya - Yes she was really behaved! I just hope she will always be like that when travelling. They don't speak tagalog fluently but they know some words especially verb even my hubby...Thanks for the compliments Ligaya :). Mayumi wasn't a flower girl at all just dressed her up like that!

Analyse - O di ba may pictures na! Mukhang angel lang sya pero sa totoo hindi! hahaha pilya kamo :).

Francesca - Yes the bride is lovely and very intelligent woman too :). She is actually a literature professor in Pinas ! Take note Cum Laude when she presented her thesis this year lang ! Kala mo lang prim & proper yan si Mayumi pero kabaligtaran ata pangalan nya eh! Elle es peut être un garçon manquer :(
Anonymous said…
hey, those were lovely pictures. Ang gaganda ninyo. Oy, and sexy mo ha, pumayat ka ano? :-))

Kaya maganda si Mayumi kasi mana sa maman eh.

Thanks for sharing with us your beautiful pictures Haze. Bisous!
Anonymous said…
Joy - O ayan ha promise ko sayo di ba, so here it is! Salamat sa compliments Joy but Mayumi looks like more of frenchhubby ;)! Have a nic day to all the family !
Anonymous said…
Glad to discover your blog!! I have daughter and her name is Mayumi too :-)