aware and agree ?


Ok fine ! New techonologies are great but I don't think this is one of them. Having new cell phone with two sim cards right in your cell phones ??? To have the normal sim card and wait until you see it with your own eyes the new advance high technology cell phone is having a sim card which actually serves as your "carte bancaire" bank card or payment by card (whatever purchase) thru the use of your cell phone. I have actually seen tonight from the news regarding this new discovery of cell phone . With this new technology, I myself is aware of the many risks of danger in having this new technology in our possession regardless of stuffs you have MP3 , cell phone , (GPS) Global Positioning System . Alright, I consider the practicality and convenience side of it and I agree! But you guys have witnessed and heard a lot of hold ups and victims of aggression because of these new things. Oh and having this new technology will expose us in real hazard (pera na pinag uusapan dito) even if we have private codes or something that protects the money or bank details (meron na tayong mga hustler ngayon at sisiw lang sa kanila yan). Technology that involves highly advanced or specialized systems or devices is giving an opportunity of tempatation in the eyes of everyone and that is inevitable.

People, we are really becoming slaves of technology. I hate to say that I was once a victim, I wanted to have a normal cell phone without this camera (hindi ko naman kailagan eh) after being bulglarized 2003 (kasi nga nanakaw yung cell phone ko na 3310 Nokia lumang model pa yon ha, tapos kasama yung 2 credit card namin, tapos yung susi ng bahay namin talagang walang awa). Went to a shop to buy they've told me that they don't have the old model so I was forced to buy new cell phone integrated with camera (di ko naman ginagamit). I don't know if we are still safe and I am afraid that we are not protected by all of these. We are leaving in a world with abrupt changes around us and inventors think that they are too intelligent having discovered all these high innovation, new discovery, whatever you call it ! Personally, intelligence doesn't mean only by discovering that is out of normal but thru profound reflection! All we can do is to stay vigilant and careful (iba na panahon ngayon) and that makes me sad and think that we are leaving in this world to consume and not to live the way we wanted to be (dati rati wala naman itong mga bagay na ito pero masaya at kuntento tayo). Ask yourself...........

Comments

Francesca said…
i have a cel with cam, pero di ko rin gamit. Paek ek lang bga, haha. Mga anak ko sa pinas, ever so putty sa cel with camera, exchange daw kami, no sila?
Techonology developmentS are good, its for easy living. Instead of going to maps, thousands of it to see your destination gps is there.The same with other gadgets.
By a small chip, you can call anywhere and contact loveones. Imagine in times of napoleon bonaparte if there's celphone? war would be short term, hehe.

But personally, I dont have those, mp3 gps, ipod, etc etc.
The more I have it, the more complicates my life, i feel.
i have a pc, its complicated enough, haha.


And to have those, means budget. SPEND SPEND SPEND.
Anonymous said…
I recently got a cell phone with camera and its the first time I've taken a monthly plan. I used to do pre-paid. Its true, we simply get caught up with technology, the more you see them, the more you want them. We are planning to get a new PC too kasi the one I have is so old na, it cant handle all the things I want to do. I'm a bit on the slow side as well when it comes to upgrading, it takes me a few years before I get into the bandwagon.

I hope that there are special security features in this new cell phone/debit card. It might be convenient in the end.
Anonymous said…
Inventors with their marketing, are wise. They CREATE a need and make us believe that we need that "need" so we will buy their invention. We have to be wiser as consumers. They just want our money. I heard about the health hazards of mobile phones being denied by the providers. Making it public would really mean a great disaster.

BTW, My cellphone's already 6 years old and still functions very well. I dont want to buy the latest with all those overkilling features because I just need one to make calls. I have my digital camera for taking pictures and my laptop for an internet. :-))
Makis said…
I've always had a fear of technology & believe me, I'm still afraid of it till now :) I was never a victim anyway. We have what we need to still be able to move in our fast growing tech world e.g. internet. Isn't it a nightmare if we reach that point where they put a chip, that holds all our important info, at the back of our hand? I'm not yet ready!!!!
haze said…
Francesca - Wala na rin kasi tayong choice kasi yan ang latest model. Those cell phones w/c aren't camera integrated are obsolete ! Ako rin walang MP3,Ipod and I am happy about it! I am contented with our internet connection and that's it, coz I just want to see my family way back home.

Leah - Eversince, I opted for prepaid since I am a SAHM. I rarely go out and when I am outside I uses hubby's phone (it's free but don't take advantage either ha :) ! Me too, if the stuffs I have at home are still useful I don't usually throw them I keep using them hanggang masira sila. I am a practical person, wise spender and economic ;).

I have nothing against high technology,i'm sure they more convenient than the old stuffs we have. It's just that everything is fast forward. We are too being dependent that causes laziness.

Joy - I completely agree with you! They're making business but actually it's not a necessity! I guess we are being fashion victim of all these. If only my cell phone wasn't stole I still have my 3310 with me! We also have computer & digital camera because we wanted to take & keep the photos eternally aside from that wala na :) and I am very contented!!!
haze said…
Makis - We are leaving in a world as what Economists use the term "bandwagon effect" ! So I don't want to imagine that it could happen one day (it's reminds me the film Terminator), if that's the case ngayon pa lang natatakot na ako :( !
Analyse said…
haze, you won't believe me, i still have my 3310 till now! haha. and still happy with it, i could call up and send msgs as much as i want. i've read about that mobile phone/carte bancaire thingy at sachiko's site, they're using it in japan na, and they're activated with the user's fingerprint for security measures.. imagine that in the phils, naku, maraming mapuputulan ng daliri nyan!
Anonymous said…
I have to confess that I'm behind when it comes to techno gizmos. I don't have a cellphone and haven't owned one yet. I don't see a need for us to buy one. I work at home and my family knows where to find me if they need me. There is a phone at hubby's work and also at my kid's schools that they could use to call me.

I also know the dangers of carrying these expensive stuff. Just last week an IPOD was snatched from a teen-ager here in our area. I think that if parents want to buy these kind of things for their children, they should also warn them of the dangers. They shouldn't be showing it off.
Anonymous said…
Analyse - If mine wasn't stolen I still have my 3310 and still be happy! It's useful and user friendly :)! Naku sinabi mo madaming mapuputulan ng darili. Eto pa I remember, I was snatched twice already (laging bracelet) :) prone ata ako eh !

Niceheart - I admire you ! In fact, I bought 3310 cellphone because before we didn't have telephone at home! When it was stolen, hubby bought me a new one! Now that we have the telephone line I just use it in case of emergency, or to ask baby sitter if kids are ok if i'm out!

Right danger is always present coz having these stuffs means temptation! I heard a lot of teen agers being aggressed because of these things, and I guess parents should advice their children not to bring those stuffs at school especially if they're out alone commuting! Better to just use it at home or when travelling inside the car ! Let's stay vigilant !
Anonymous said…
But if not for advances in technology, we wouldn't all be having a fantastic time blogging ;)

Apol
Anonymous said…
Apol there's only 2 things that interests me if we speak about high tech, our computer so I can blog & chat just to be always connected with my love ones ! 2nd our digital camera to keep those wonderful moments in the album, the rest well, not that hooked :)!
Anonymous said…
Hi Haze,

Correct ka jan. May kaibigan ako sa pinas namatay talaga dahil na hold-up cellphone tapos ayaw nyang ibigay. Ayun binaril sa ulo.

ANg Nolia naman, first introduce in the market, grabe super mahal, after a few months, mura na. I think satin lang sa pinas medyo maarte tayo..gusto natin mamahaling gamit talaga.

Sorry, about Maria's photoblog...i set to private Haze. I will invite you if I am ready na.

Raquel