the twin


I thought my life drastically changed when I arrived 2001 in France because marrying a foreigner would definitely change almost everything in me...But compared to what happened to the twin tower and to the people of America is what I call radical change. Mine was a small alterations or perhaps it was NOTHING.

Though that moment happened so fast but my memory is still lucid. It was when Americas changed it's pace in a split of seconds! Though, I haven't been to USA but since learning geography at school makes me learn about United States of America. It is obviously one of the most busiest and powerful country on earth. Life is fast forward.

Month of September (last month of wedding provision), I was busy preparing for our wedding details. Suddenly, the happiness I felt turned to melancholy and shocked at the same time. It was
September 11, 2001 that French televison diclose on direct the worst attack happened ever listed in the history. Who cannot forget the horrible and the saddest moment of America. New York is the largest city in the United Sates, with it's beautiful enormous buildings, mixed nationalities with different language and it's great cityscapes, including the famous World Trade Center which unfortunately turned into a dead city.

Today, let us commemorate all the victims because of this human made catastrophy. We thank all the unsung hereos that manifested during that terrible scene. It's been 5 years...and yet I felt like it happened yesterday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was 11 days 'till our wedding day when 9/11 shocked everyone. Everyone still shaky when we flew to Italy for our honeymoon. There were people stranded from 9/11.

We always remember 9/11.
Anonymous said…
i was in tear yesterday while watching the news on TV. as they're showing every families who lost their loveones on 9/11, i can't help but crying with them. 'twas really sad and devastating. and Agring's right, 9/11 will never be forgotten.

haze, di talaga ako makapag-leave ng message sa tagboard nina Mayumi at Basti. even at yours, I don't know why. :( anyways, try ko ulit next time. take care! =)
Anonymous said…
Definitely,a day and event to remember for those who lost their lives and those who fought to save others.

At any rate, happy 5th anniversary to you and your hubby
Francesca said…
i was working that time, when my employer told me to stop working and watch tv. There I saw the plane going thru the wtc.
I asked my Boss: Sir are they Muslims that attacked the building?
He shouted: NOOOOOOooo!

Then I kept quiet. Eh kasi naman NAKALIMUTAN KO ,muslim pala sila( Boss ko) that time.
Hehe.
Francesca said…
i was working that time, when my employer told me to stop working and watch tv. There I saw the plane going thru the wtc.
I asked my Boss: Sir are they Muslims that attacked the building?
He shouted: NOOOOOOooo!

Then I kept quiet. Eh kasi naman NAKALIMUTAN KO ,muslim pala sila( Boss ko) that time.
Hehe.
Anonymous said…
I also still remember that day. I was at home and I watched it on TV. It's really tragic what happened. And it has been an awakening to everybody.

Btw, happy 5th anniversary.
Anonymous said…
That was unimaginable... i hope we have learned something very valuable from that experience. *sigh*

Happy Anniversay to you both! My best wishes for a lifetime of love, happiness, and good health!
Analyse said…
i guess you already read how i lived my 9/11. non frenchy me. happy anniv to you and hubby;)

ps, ok na ulit message board ko.
Francesca said…
musta? la bago? Napadaan laaang...
Francesca said…
hope di ka nag change blog? Basta busy lang, oks lang...
Anonymous said…
I couldn't believe what I saw on CNN on that day. I had a sister who actually saw the twin towers crumble before her eyes from her office building in Manhattan.

Happy Happy Wedding Anniversary Haze! :) Five years in France... quite amazing! :)
Anonymous said…
Hi guys thank you very much for the greetings! I guess the WTC happening shocked the whole world. We'll just hope that they can get over it, it's not easy but let's us just pray for them.

Sorry too I was then busy...just attended 2 wedding in 2 consecutive weeks one in the Paris and in Pays Basque ;). I'll keep you updated soon! Thank you for your never ending visit!! It's always a pleasure to see you all here :))
Anonymous said…
i love the last sentence. My late father papa allen died in 2001. That's 5yrs ago. But it seems like yesterday..

ahh.. that 9/11 tragedy was really sad.