5th day

Sleepless nights, yes, this is my fifth exhausting day because my son is sick. It is ardous when someone is sick in the family especially our children. My son cannot express how he feels because he's just merely starting to verbalize. It was Monday afternoon, I was on my way to pick up my son from school when the teacher approached me saying that they can't figured out why my son doesn't stop crying. They've already questioned Sébastien if someone from his colleagues tried to hurt him (which was the case the last time I picked him up & the teacher explained to me it wasn't intentional... hoping it was not the cause). Unsuccessfully, they have got no response from my son....Sébastien just cried.

We arrived at home, I asked my son " Où tu as mal ? Quest-ce que tu as ? Are you hurt, where? What do you have? I was desperate because he cannot totally express how he feels. But then, it was a mother instinct that came out within me....I hurriedly check his temperature and found out that he has a fever of 38%. Without hesitation I gave him paracetamol so fever will not persist. Believing that fever will shove off I waited for 2 days unfortunately, fever is tenacious. I called our general doctor to come and check up Sébastien. Around 10AM, the doctor arrived and examined my son. He told me that he has
RHINOPHARYNGITE AIGUË - Rhinopharyngitis then he prescribed all the necessary medicines except antibiotics...according to him it's worthless. The next day, fever was still highly present ! My husband was there to help me knowing that next morning he needs to wake up early to go to work, he did not let me to face this situation all alone. He shared with me those sleepless nights. I am still into breastfeeding with our baby girl which also exiges my delicate attention . Doing two things at the same time is laborious....breastfeeding while the other one is sick. Lucky enough that I have my husband's full support on this.

Wednesday morning my husband sent Sébastien to the hospital because the fever persisted 'til 39.9% and it worries us more, meaning the medicines prescribed were not effective. After the long wait from the hospital, they've found out that he has also "
Angines - Tout sur les angines - Doctissimo (Angina). My poor son, he got two in a row, now he is under Antibiotics to eliminate all these viruses caused by the radical changes of temperature..... he's been absent from the school since Tuesday, he doesn't have the appetite, he cries for little things etc. I am completely wear down by all these and I think I am beginning to dislike WINTER....... it's the cause why people are often sick ! I just hope that baby girl will not be contaminated by the virus but I am sure that she will because Angine & Rhynopharingitis are contagious. Nevertheless, she'll also receive the same medications except antibiotics and I am getting ready for that day. Eventhough, I would still spend sleepless nights I don't give a darn care as long as they will be cured completely.......I will always be there .


P.S. Posted December 04, 2005 12:30NN


Again !!! my husband just left 10 minutes ago & is on his way going to the hospital for our baby girl Mayumi....she's already contaminated...yesterday night she has a fever of 39.6% . Gave her paracetamol as well but I think she needs more than that because she vomits. I wish I have a magic wand to change everything. Our children suffer so much during this season so to you all reading this post, cover yourself especially the children when going out or better stay at home and profit the time with your children.....not bad to stay at home, play with the kids or enjoy sharing bowls of chocolate milk and good cookies beside while watching your favorite film. Take care everyone and do the necessary precautions ! Have a wonderful Sunday !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Salut Haze! I hope Sébastian will be better soon!!! I know how you feel. If only we can shoulder these troubling illnesses for our children. I've been out from blogging for over a week now. Can't get much of the time for myself. My son is again ill after being relieved for a few days. When he went back to school, nahawa na naman...cold, cough, and fever. Marami sa klase nila ang may sipon at ubo kaya yong virus palipatlipat lang kung sinong gustong tamaan. Hay, buhay... nakakaawa talaga.

I hope Séb will be pretty well soon and sana hindi mahawa ang lil girl mo. Keep yourself warm and take care. Your family needs you!

Gros bisous!
Raquel said…
Hi Haze, kawawa talaga ang baby natin kung magkasakit especially kung di pa sila marunong magsalita. Di rin tayo mapakali.

Malamig na talaga ngaun kilangan they have a proper outfit talaga.

Haze, may yahoo messenger ka ba? Can you send me an offline IM sa YM ko (raqmitch@yahoo.com). May itanong lang ako sayo.

o cge yan lang muna. i'll be back on blogging soon, na mimis ko na ang paglalakwatsa sa mga kapitbahay ko.
Ligaya said…
hi haze! i'm so sorry to hear about Sebastian, I hope he is feeling better soon! kawawa ang mga baby natin pag sila'y nagkakasakit, considering na at their age, di pa sila marunong magsabi ng nararamdaman nila. hang in there and be strong, tama si Joy, your family needs you. i hope so too na hindi mahawa si Mayumi, you all keep warm and take care always!

have a great and warm weekend! kisses to the kids! =)
Anonymous said…
Hi Hazel, I do hope your babies get well soon! Have a nice warm weekend!

-Kala
Babette said…
Haze, kamusta na si Mayumi and Sebastien. Are they both doing much better? I hope and pray that they are. It's really hard for our kids to get sick and we as parents always wish that it was us who's sick. You and your hubby did well in handling a stressful situation. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Ladynred said…
Hi Haze,
I'm so sorry to hear about your children for being sick. I'm praying for their speedy recovery. Take care and May God Bless you.
Anonymous said…
Bonsoir Haze, kawawa naman ang dalawang bata. j'espère qu'ils seront guéris très bientôt. bon courage à toi et à ton mari.

(p.s.)it would be nice to meet you here in Besançon:)
haze said…
Dearest everyone : Joy, Raquel, Ligaya, Kala, Brabs, Agring & Amy

Thank you guys for leaving me kind messages...I know we can relate each other on this matter ksi pare pareho tayong nanay except for Kala (sooner she will have).

That's being a mom kahit pagod OK lang what is important their health & complete recovery.

BTW their a bit OK now and hope it will continue. Thanks again to you all....nakaka pagpalakas loob!
Makis said…
Been days I didn't do my rounds & after our chat this morning, I'm glad your children are feeling better. I don't have kids yet but I can already imagine how it is when babies get sick - and you take care of you too!!! Stay warm & hopefully we'll push through with our get together next year!
haze said…
Thanks Makis, I am really release now. I was a bit disappointed I won't be able to come but that's for sure next year kailangan kita kits na tayo ! Stay warm also bawal magkasakit dito, korek ka! ;-)))
Analyse said…
Hi Haze, kisses to Seb and Mayumi. Take care of yourself too, you need a lot of energy for your two babies, ako nga, kay Louna pa lang, fully booked na ko e..ingatz.
haze said…
Right Ana ako naman as in super overbooked lalo pag may sakit!!! Anyway, I know that they will recover very soon! Thanks hug & kissess to bébé Louna ! See you very soon :-)
CLC Fashion said…
Hi Haze! kumusta? naku nagkasakit pala yong kids mo, wawa naman yong mga bata! i hope & pray they'll feeling well soon! ingat and regards!
haze said…
Hi Lucille thanks for dropping by. They're completely healed na after 2 weeks of being ill. It's the season of being sick anyway, even us oldies di ba. So keep warm, hirap talaga pag may sakit ang mga bata, kakalungkot...