conquering the blacks!

Yesterday night we went out to watch the Rugby Match between France against New Zealand (known as the Blacks). Hubby had an invitation at La Place de La Joliette where they installed a big screen. There are bars, pizzeria and moroccan delicacies to enjoy with while having dinner in front of this giant screen. Surprised about the ambiance brought by the game. There were people tatoed on their face and costumed with white, red and blue color! The television station have shown history of previous games by the French team.

The show started and French people were proud to sing the French hymn trying to embraced the game. While the camera focused a candid shot to President Sarkozy and Prime Minister Fillon, the spectators from the room were boooing them, shouting & whistling! That I couldn't explain, why? Game started and after a few minutes one of the french team got injured. We were devastated ! I was shouting, complaining, and doing non-stop stressful gestures. The black scored 13 against 3 by Les Blue for the 1st quarter. Second quarter, the French team bombarded the black with their killing kick off and the magic entrance of Frédéric Michalak and Dominici has made all the difference! To cut the story short "Les Blue" won against "All Black" 18-20 which made them qualified to the semi final ! Now, don't you think THIS would would make them reach the final battle :) !




They are also my favorite but I will still go for the French team :)!

Comments

Analyse said…
allez les bleus! hehe, i watched it alone, laurent's out.. that's why i filmed some clips so he could watch it while in boston.

gear up for next week!
Makis said…
It was really amazing! Like in football, France beat the kings of football on last year's world cup, Brazil & they did it again in rugby - beating the All Blacks! I loved the Haka :) That was a great dinner out, Haze!
Francesca said…
hey, yesterday, instead of staying out long(we eat at Flunch) Michel said, we must be in the house before 9pm
and we did watch and scream and clapped and cheers when France won the game.
It was a good game. Cardiff made a lot of money and in the news, hotels ecen charged 900€ a night stay!!!!
Its good business.
About pres sarco and fillon booooo ed in tv,
I must say, some people think, they should not be there, they should work, haha.
Ilang pizza naubos mo until the game is over?
I saw today the game bet fidji and south africa, in marseille!
Nice weather there huh!
presently watching rugby argentine vs ecosse.
19-6 ang score. Wawa naman scottish!
Sidney said…
Congratulations!
You did a good job... eating pizza's & drinking wine. ;-)
kala said…
Why is there a sing and dance portion in rugby??? Seriously. I've never watched a game.
Cherublu said…
It still makes me cry that the Wallabies and All Blacks out! My friends could not stop digging into me, so happy they were that they won. They played well.
haze said…
In Boston again!! Very busy life eh! That is so sweet of you ANALYSE ! Let's cross our fingers & toes ;) !

Speaking of football MAKIS it was like France against Brazil nga I remember that game :). Of course, I love Haka dance and Mimi has her own version, will post it later on :)! The night was stressing yet exciting!

Nagmadali talaga kayo umuwi sa bahay FRANCESCA to watch the game, pa flunch flunch pa kayo ha! Kaninong blow-out ? I have eaten 3 slices of thin crust pizza and ordered pasta too. Sarap !

We love going out SIDNEY and what was good about it, invitation was free! I am not a pizza lover but it was the best Pizza I have ever tasted.

Oh KALA it didn't understand it too until Bernard explained to me the history of Rugby ;)! It is in fact a war dance, of course it's a way to provoke the other teams ! It's fun and exciting isn't it ? There's a french translation of the song, have you seen it ?

I see you have Australian friends, so I guess you're rooting for them CHERUBLU! Or the feeling is divided ? I also love the Black but my heart belongs to the French team ;)!
Anonymous said…
Wehey for France!
I've seen the game to it wasa nail biting wasn't it...I'm glad the Kiwis are out because they humiliated the English team! Revenge...
Good luck with France v England game on Saturday, may the best team win :-)
haze said…
Thanks PINING! You are right may the best team win! Hubby told me that English Rugby team is one of the best! Hmmmm let's wait and see next week :) and Goodluck to your team ;)!
Francesca said…
saan na haka dance ni mayumi?
Naka all black din ba siya, or allez les bleus, lol
Anonymous said…
Hahaha timing nga eh naka dark blue pa sya ! Will post it soon :) FRANCESCA .