celebration from South to North

I confirm that time flies so fast when my daughter celebrated her 2nd birthday last April 25! Before anything else, I made her day memorable once again. I prepared a very simple party at the park with some of our close friends. Just for awhile, I would like to forget about doing tons of chores at home. The party was very simple and discreet but we had so much fun. Even we were tired all day under the spring summer heat it was just so precious for my daughter's eyes that I cannot let it pass by without doing something simple, amusing and gratifying !

That night even I was exhausted I needed to finish packing our stuffs in going to the
North of France (a 10 hours drive) for the celebration of my husband's auntie and uncle's 50th birthday anniversary. Just before leaving Mayumi is feverish ! Instead of leaving ahead on the time planned we left 2 hours later. Anyway nothing serious, it's probably because of staying all the time playing under the sun !

On the way to the North, I cannot believe my eyes seeing the view of Colza fields ! I have the sensation of looking on the paintings, all I did was to admire and appreciate our 10 hours drive without the feeling of being drained ! And yes, I drove only for 3 hours straight 130 km/h (the maximum speed limit on the freeway in France). I cannot go more than 130, the thought of being flash by
Radars made me think about my 6 points on my licence. I don't want to be charged of any infractions, not yet and hope will not have one! I can tell you that there are people who can go as fast as 130 km/h but that would be right after traversing the radar camera.

pictures taken from internet haven't got the chance to take a shot of the fields

Finally at 8:30 PM we arrived in one of the suburbs of Lille to see Mamie and spent 2 days with her. We had a wonderful time with her and since she leaves very far from us we wanted her to profit of her great grandchildren! She surprised us of her famous pâté de foies de vollaille . She was amazed by Sébastien trying to eat non-stop the pâté she made.



To profit of the beautiful sun spring which is very rare on the north the next morning we went out to have a little promenade at the zoo wherein entrance is free!

After 2 days from the house of Mamie we went directly to the house of husband's aunt and uncle. I swear we have never seen a beautiful spring on the north ! We have sun all the time. Of course, how can you resist the swimming pool and the beautiful garden they have ! The pool is tempting but I did not go swimming because I went to the parlor to have my haircut and get ready for the party.



What an artistic way to decorate a garden ! COOL !



The day has come! It's the 50th birthday golden anniversary of husband's aunt and uncle. Before going to the party Honey's aunt already considered of having a baby sitter for our children. Got lucky to have someone very gentle and nice to look after them. A great released for us to enjoy the party. Before going to the reception we just let them watch DVD films and giving them a 3 small sachettes of M&M's while the enjoy watching DORA. Watching films and having chocolates on the side has always been a success for my children ;) !

Here are some pictures of the party ! I will let the photos speak for itself !






This post is too long but I will leave you with these pictures to see and enjoy! This is not finish yet co'z I still have many exciting things to share !

TO BE CONTINUED......

Comments

Leah said…
Hi Haze, looks like a really nice place to visit. And you sure did have lotsafun.

Really 130 ang max speed in the freeway? Wow! dito 100km/hr lang. I guess beacuse its really busy. I do go 120 in the fast lane. And paminsan-minsan 130. It feels good with the new car.

I love the trees. those faces glow in the dark, di ba?
Apol said…
I want some of your Mamie's pâté! And I love the trees, too, so gagayahin ko siya and try to make some faces for putting here :)

P.S. Promise, I'll send you and Makis the photos I took in Marseille on Monday.
CLC Fashion said…
Hi Haze! haha galing din kami sa north - Lille suburbs ( La Madeleine, Erquinghem Lys, sa zoo..etc). Sayang di tayo nagkasalubong doon..lol
I enjoyed browsing the pics. Ang ganda din sa Lille...those red brick houses makes them different from another places.
We were careful of that radar,too.

ps: just got a phonecall from hubs downstairs - Sarko won!
Anonymous said…
Haze, galing... you're really at home in France. It seems that your husband's family really loves you and your children. That's so wonderful. It must be amazing to drive from south to North.
Anonymous said…
We did lotsafun LEAH! North is very different from the South, will continue my post about our travel and you will see the difference!

Only 110 km/h is the speed limit, and less accidents I'm sure! Accdg. grandpa before they didn't have the speed limit but since accidents (most of them are serious) they decided to be more strict! Before survey says that 10,000 dead on the road per year (not included those who are wounded)! Now the figures diminish to 5,000 to 4,000!

It's doesn't glow in the dark Leah it's the reflection or combination of the grass and the sun ;)! Wow naka tsamba ata ako dito ah !

Oh APOL you will love Mamie's pâté!!! Trees are very original who make grimace hehehe!

I've got white hair na Apol because of so much waiting for the photos :) ! hehehehe

We have actually stayed in La MadeleineLUCILLE! and the zoo is just 5 minutes from where we were :)! That's true houses are just magnifique and houses differ from one another although they all made up of bricks.

Careful with Radars ! Yes, Sarko won ! Let's us see the changes !

Thanks TOE! I am not really a difficult person, I can adjust easily wherever I go! Places, cultures, people and vice versa....that means challenge, experience and exploring new things ! Yes I am loved and I am glad and lucky ;)! Naku, before I was nervous but along the way parang gusto kong mas mabilis hehehehe :) but I respect the rules on the road!
Anonymous said…
never mind if the post is too long, i enjoyed the post card perfect pictures--be they internet pictures or the ones that you took, and the snippets. i almost laughed when you didn't go swimming because you wanted to keep your hair for the party (ha ha ha ha, women).

you are lucky to be in one of the best destinations of filipinos, more lucky with the family bonding!
Raquel said…
Belated Happy Birthday Mayumi! Wow, malaki ka na ha, magkasing edad din kayu ng anak ko.

Glad to hear na abot mo na ang munting paraiso, hehehe. Sarap tlaaga makapag drive Haze, I am very happy for you, sa wakas na experience mo na ring lumabas na bitbit mo ang four wheels.

Great photos, ang lamig sa mata. Can I grab one? Maganda to pang wallpaper sa monitor ko.

Sarap din ng mga foods sa party, naguton ako ah, mag 1 na dito, di pa ako nag la-lunch.