light at the end of the tunnel

1. Mga anak gumawa kayo ng schedule nyo sa paghuhugas ng pinggan!

2. Kayong dalawa Early at Hazel kelangan pagkatapos maligo huwag kayo lalabas ng banyo ng hindi labado ang panty at bra! Huwag ng iaasa pa sa katulong, private thing yan!

3. Maeng pagkagising tiklupin ang kulambo at linisin ang arinola yan, ang task mo everyday.

4. Maeng yung basura kelangan i-dispose na.

5. Hazel punasan ang mga display at siguraduhing walang alikabok.

6. Early yung windows punasan ng maigi.



If I can still remember these were several tasks given to us by Mom when we were kids. Growing up especially in my adoloscent stage, I did not understand her. I was thinking why doesn't she have to ask us to do things at home? What's the use of having a helper who can do the job, anyway she is paid for it! Because of immaturity and lack of comprehension on my part I was sometimes irritated and didn't want to do things at home. The only envy I had were watching television, collecting stationaries, or just merely playing with my friends besides that's what adolescents do, right !?

Although, a bit stubborn and disobedient with all the responsibilities given to me I didn't have the choice but to comply otherwise I will be punished. Still, I didn't get her point! If we speak about organization I was a topsy turvy and everything in our room is just a mess. And as a result, my Mom was particularly unhappy about it (my eldest sister is always the organized one :-). She always call me "burara" reminding me to always arrange my things inside our room, to fold my clothes, to shine my shoes and a lot of small things that an adolescent girl of my age can do.

Once my Mom uttered the very important phrases with sincerity "Tinuturo ko ito sa inyo para pagdating ng panahon na hindi na natin kailangan ang katulong, marunong kayong magtrabaho sa loob ng bahay. At pag nag asawa na kayo doon nyo lang mare-realize kung ano ang purpose ko!"

Now I wholeheartedly understand what she was trying to instill since the beginning. With this approach of my Mom, I realized it is actually an encouragement of life, building a skills that last for a lifetime! Since now I am also a Mother, I can say that I have actually learned a lot from my Mom. From the smallest thing up to the most difficult circumstances facing all through life's challenges. Especially I am a stay home Mom and living 10,000 kms from them I can do everything at home my Mom taught me without any worries. The only regret I had was not being able to learn how to cook when I had the chance. If you were to ask me to do household chores I can thoroughly and and perfectly do the job with my all my eyes close. BUT NOT COOKING...lol

To MOM , thank you very much for teaching me what is important in life, building my competencies, to raise us with discipline, learn how to sacrifice and prioritizes things. Knowing that being a parent is probably the most difficult and important job to perfom with exellence! Surely, I will also do the same thing with my children, telling them with pride that I learned this from my Mom when I was your age. Thank you again my for everything and I love you!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU MOM AND TO ALL THE MOTHERS IN THE WHOLE WORLD !


Thoughts to Ponder :
(searched thru internet)

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh (1907- )

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." -- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

"Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." --Author Unknown

Comments

Makis said…
Grabe, this post made me nostalgic, Hazel! Especially number 2 on your task list :) Even if our moms were makulit, we sure miss it a lot now that we're away, right?

Happy Mother's Day to you, last sunday for pinoy celebration & on the 28th for the french!
Anonymous said…
bonne fête maman! pareho tayo, i regret not watching my mom when she did cooking at home...now, since she's at dijon, i ask her to cook so i could copy her procedure hehe...
Anonymous said…
my mom does all the chores back then. Isa lang kasi akong anak.. hehe!
Anonymous said…
I have learned all the chores when I was growing up dahil ng nag high School ako nakatira ako sa boarding house. I have to cook my own food para makatipid.
Anonymous said…
Makis - I agree, now that we're far from them I miss their being makulit and I guess it's their way of educating us. Thanks for the greeting Makis.

Ana - Teka bakit naka anonymous ka? Right Ana when Mom was here she taught me to cook some dishes that I like (mother knows best ).

Nao - OK lang yon basta you are taking care of your studies di ba ;-) well, look at you now! Successful nurse ka na, bravo!

Agring - Maaga ka palang naging independent! I guess that's the best training you've learned on your own ;-)
Anonymous said…
hehe, just wanting to know if you could recognize me so i played anonymous...parang andami namin sa dijon no hehehe... anyways, i was at the office (just like now) bloghopping so di na ko nag log-in, dami ekek e hehe..

bonne semaine..long weekend..heading for strasbourg this thursday...happy long weekend maman!

ana (ayan, me signature na yan ha)
Anonymous said…
hi sis! may assignment ka sakin dito: KALUSKOS Pakigawa naman ha pls? Ang di gumawa nyan magkakakuliti at tutubuan ng pigsa sa noo! (hahaha!)
Anonymous said…
Sistah Nao o assignment done! OK ba!!! basta don ko sinagot sa mansion ng Kaluskos!
Anonymous said…
grabe talaga sistah wa ko ma say! YOU'RE THE BEST! (raise the roof, hurray!!!)
Anonymous said…
mishu mishu na naman ulet graveh!
Anonymous said…
Bonsoir Hazel, dropping by to greet you a very Happy Mother's day! Bon week-end à toute la famille:)
Anonymous said…
sistah, san ka na
update update pls!
mishuuuuu!
Anonymous said…
hi Matuts, este Haze pala...

Happy Mother's day!

P.S. I like your sweet voice. Ibang-iba kay Matutina, ha. Kaloka! :-))