Si on en parlait....if we talk about it

It was a sunny Sunday, as usual family is heading to Parc Borely. While on the way, my husband said "en fait on se stress pour rien quand tu vois le gens comme ça". ( in fact, we stress for nothing when you see people like them ). Looking uttermost behind the windowpane of the car, I said to him, "tu as raison, nous sommes pas malheureux il y a toujours le pire et nous avons vraiment de la chance" you are right, we are not unhappy there always the worst and we are really lucky.

What was it?.....those were handicap people who will stay forever in their wheelchair and the worst circumstance with their abnormalities. To be more clear with this discussion, my husband is a little bit stress because our son is a bit tardy in terms of speaking. When he sees some children of his age, they are more advance, they express themselves and these makes him anxious, it's probably because of being the only child and having dearth of experience. I said to him children are not the same, they have different rhythm, diverse capacity, most particularly they don't have mixed cultures as we have. I assured him because I am used with children, my sister and I took care of my youngest brother when we were in high school, we grew with him even with our cousins (we're the eldest that's why).

At home my husband speaks to our child in French and I am obliged to communicate with him in Tagalog which is evident and a must !!! My husbands prefers too :-). From time to time, we are introducing to him the English language as early as possible but not by sentences or phrases it's just a matter of words so he will get used to the sound of it and we are confident that later on he will learn from the school little by little. Anyway, children until the age of 7 have sharp memory so I will let them work and progress on it.

ALL OF THESE ARE STRESS

If you are used to thinking that stress is something that makes you worry, you have the wrong idea of stress. Stress is many different kinds of things: happy things, sad things, allergic things, physical things. Many people carry enormous stress loads and they do not even realize it.

WHAT IS STRESS?

We are all familiar with the word "stress". Stress is when you are worried about getting laid off your job, or worried about having enough money to pay your bills, or worried about your mother when the doctor says she may need an operation. In fact, to most of us, stress is synonymous with worry. If it is something that makes you worry, then it is stress.Your body, however, has a much broader definition of stress. TO YOUR BODY, STRESS IS SYNONYMOUS WITH CHANGE. Anything that causes a change in your life causes stress. It doesn't matter if it is a "good" change, or a "bad" change, they are both stress. When you find your dream apartment and get ready to move, that is stress. If you break your leg, that is stress. Good or bad, if it is a CHANGE in your life, it is stress as far as your body is concerned.


Now can you imagine that our stress is really NOTHING compared to those people who'll be in their wheelchair eternally! I empathize with them. So we ended the conversation, we STOP for awhile and THINK! We should be very happy and contented of what we have and try to be more relax, enjoy the time we can spend with our family, relatives, friends. Appreciate their effort, laugh and learn from them. Time is precious therefore we should profit right now before it's too late!

Comments

Analyse said…
hey don't stress out that much on that point. i've seen a lot of biculture children who indeed speak later than their peers of the same age...but mind you, at a certain age, they are more advanced linguistically compared to these same children...continue with your method and you will see...

i have a japanese-filipino nephew who, at the age of 4, speaks 4 languages: japanese, english, tagalog and ilocano (they live in baguio)..and it's amazing how fluent he is in every language...

tyaga tyaga lang...oh well, keep this comment, when it's my time to be stressed out on this point, throw back this comment on me hehe..
haze said…
Thanks Ana for reassuring me, actually it's my hubby who stress the most...I get to be affected sometimes.

But since my son started schooling I see the progress in terms of speaking...and I can tell you he has the willingness to learn everything so we don't stress anymore!

Your right t'yaga lang talaga. Hayaan mo balik ko sa'yo tong comment mo ha ha ha! Your wish is my command :-)))