the job I wanted

After trying to look for a dream job I have gone through numerous job search and interviews. It's quite tough because unemployment rate in France has become so high. Even fresh graduates are having a hard time to look for a job. To add up, my diploma is not recognised in France so then it makes it more difficult. I still need to get the equivalent to assess what domain I should be in. Personally, it's a waste of time, as I have already 9 years work experience in the Philippines when I came to France. I have the skills and competences already, what I need is from them is to give me a chance to prove my worth.

Of course, when I came in 2001 it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to work right away as I need to learn French language. The first thing I did was to take French lessons and integration process comes along. I took 8 months course and stopped as I got preggy so then I need to take care of my child, then after 2 yrs got preggy again. 






Had my first job in France in an asian restaurant for a year but unfortunately it closed its door. Second, I worked as a sales lady for kids apparel for 3 months only as I didn't like the way they treat the consumers. It's a company wherein they  "vente forcée" forced sales. It talks about more than an end-of-year objective, they don't actually care about the quality of customer service. They are after the numbers. Not all of them have good intentions about how to increase the numbers. I felt like manipulating my clients so I resigned. Then for 2 yrs its been difficult for me to find a job so what I did I started catering and tutoring english lessons. I don't gain a lot not even a the minimum salary but at least people liked my cooking and I was helping students to learn the english language. Then I got a call from a franchising cosmetics company, I was hired as a secretary but the problem is the company's system and organization. It's a family company so I bet  you have a little idea of what it looks like. I wouldn't tell you the details. Had the same job as administrative assistant to work as part timer. I was loving my job but the problem is the distance. I neeed to drive 1 hour just to be on time. Working hours is from 8am to 12NN. Salary is fine but it was too far from me. I spoke to my boss with all honesty that I cannot assure the job not because I cannot do it but because of the distance. He was sad about it but what can he do, he can only promise me a half day job for the moment. So then, I left but I never regret my decision. 

to be continued..............

Comments